Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Installation help with Samsung 4K RVU ready TV

Tutor

Installation help with Samsung 4K RVU ready TV

I've had two DTV installers in the last four days that can't seem to figure out how to install or activate my 4K rvu ready tv. The installer today just walked out and left without telling me after 2.5 hours. Left me with no internet, disconnected audio video receivers, furniture moved , wall plates left open.

A third installer is scheduled to come out on Thursday.

My question is I have three Samsung tv's..1 non 4K and 2 4K ready sets. The non 4K tv is connected to the genie HR54-700. How do they connect to the rvu of the other two 4K ready sets?

Can it be done wireless?

What is the proper configuration and the correct steps to activation so I can help out the next installer?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 24
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Chitabe
‎04-19-2016 6:22 PM

Re: Installation help with Samsung 4K RVU ready TV

They need 2 DECA BB one for each TV they connect it to the coax from the SWM splitter and to the RVU TVs Ethernet port and an A/C outlet at worst they need 2 C61K minis and there is no way to do it wireless.

They then need to enter some info to activate them on your account.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 24
ACE - Master

fyi, you can only view 1 4k stream at a time

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 24
Tutor

@mdram4x4 wrote:

fyi, you can only view 1 4k stream at a time

This is how they left my house yesterday and then told their superviosr that the work order has been complete. I still hvae no 4K service and Im still don't have internet service, which they cut off last Friday with the first installer. These guys just dont want to do any work. They are no longer installers they are part changers. He told me that 4k only works with RG6 coax and not the RG5 they installed two years ago in my house.
LVRDTV.jpgBdr1.jpgBDR2.jpgBDR3.jpg

Message 4 of 24
ACE - Expert

The work order is NOT complete unless you signed off on it.  Don't sign off until everything is working.

Message 5 of 24
Tutor

Litzdog

The first installer last Friday left my Bose system disconnected ,removed all cables and then left it in the condition as shown on the photo. I checked the three other tv's in the house and everything was fine before he left. It was after he left that I went into the other bedroom and found the condition of tv and sound system.
I would have been able to reconnect everything but he took all the video cables with him.

He was suppose to install a 4K mini genie in one of 4K rvu ready sets I have. When I asked why..He told me that directv wouldnt have rvu ready up in running for another year, so he needed to connect the set with a 4K mini genie. He was supposed use the 61 model genie and he installed a 41 model instead. When I asked why the 4K channels keep saying it was incompatible , he told me it would take a few hours for those channels to download. The 41 model isn't 4K compatible, but he kept telling me it was.

He did install the hr54-700 on my other 4K rvu ready set , and told me that the hr54 would give that set the 4K channels, which it can't.

Before he left I asked for a receipt and he said that I didn't need one as he was just changing out equipment. So no I never did sign off on the work as I was never given a receipt.

The 2nd installer left the bedroom and living room in the conditions as shown on the photo's I posted. Long story short after two hours trying to set up both 4K sets through RVU and the Deca BB , he said I needed rg6 coax cable for 4K to work and I had rg5 . He said he needed to run more rg6 cable and it would be a $100 per drop. I said fine but I already pay for the VIP installation service monthly and additional cable and drops are included. I told him fine and that I would even be willing to pay the $100 just to finish the job once and for all. He said great and would start right away and walked out of the house to his van. About ten minutes later I looked out the window and he was gone.

So I never had a chance to sign off the second installers work, because he just walked out and left the job without telling me or giving me a receipt.

I called customer service within five minutes and they spoke with local field supervisor and that the installer said all work had been completed.

I received an email stating that thr work order had been completed as per my signature. I never signed anything as I was never presented with anything to sign.

As of today I still have no internet access , no access to 4K channels or the proper equipment installed.

Sorry to ramble on but I'm really frustrated!

I have yet to receive a return phone call at all from directv or the local supervisor. The local supervisor has been asked to contact me twice. I'm still waiting for his call.

At this point I just want my house put back to the way it was before and forget all the 4K nonsense. I just don't understand why it's so complicated to install it.
Message 6 of 24
ACE - Expert

Totally unacceptable!  I feel your pain.   

Along with calling, you might try sending a message to the AT&TDirecTVCare folks here ....

https://forums.att.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/3177458

Message 7 of 24
ACE - Expert

DTV techs are not suppose to touch you sound system so you would have to reconnect it but taking the cables was wrong.

Message 8 of 24
Tutor

Which model Samsung?  Mine is a 2016 KS9000 and they couldn't activate it.

No answer from DirecTV, Samsung told me they should be approved soon.

Message 9 of 24
Tutor

I just purchased a 2016 Samsung KS9500 and Directv came out and could not connect it via RVU.  The RVU icon said coming soon, anyway an update was pushed to my TV on 6/21/2016 that enabled RVU.  For kicks I clicked it and went thru the setup process and to my surprise it connected with NO DECA installed in my home AT ALL!  I did not even have to call directv, I just chose to replace the 4k Genie that directv had previously installed on the TV.  The TV does have to be hard wired (no wireless).  My main genie is also connected via a wire to my router.  By the way my TV software is version is 1112.  I am wondering if I helped get the ball rolling becase the day before I got the update I spoke with a higher up at directv and also samsung about it being half way through 2016 and they had no 2016 samung tv listed on directv's website as being RVU compatible.

Message 10 of 24
ACE - Expert

DTV doesn't approve of using just Ethernet cable to connect RVU TVs to its SWM system now all the RVU traffic is going through the router instead of the Genie.

Message 11 of 24
Tutor

It makes no difference if your router and network can handle it, It's also getting old with the "approved way of Directv".  They need to get with program with there outdated tech.  They also require a tech visit to install, it's not rocket science!  I could probable figure that out on my own too.  lol  

Message 12 of 24
Tutor

I tried that and it worked but less menu options i.e. channels, recordings etc come up on the TV and some random menu flickering as well.

Message 13 of 24
Teacher

@Chitabe RE: "Long story short after two hours trying to set up both 4K sets through RVU and the Deca BB , he said I needed rg6 coax cable for 4K to work and I had rg5 . He said he needed to run more rg6 cable and it would be a $100 per drop."

Did you mean RG59? Never heard of RG5. 

Message 14 of 24
ACE - Expert

Unless it is custom work/wall fishing running coax is standard work for DTV and should be included in the service call.

Message 15 of 24
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support