How to use remote for a Vizio?

Contributor

How to use remote for a Vizio?

Hi. I have a Vizio, model M470SL. The remote is a Direct TV model RC65X. I have some movies on my external hard drive that I want to watch on my Vizio. I can see and play the movies. The problem is that when I go to full screen to watch the video, I can't go back to the menu screen. I can't exit full screen. I can only pause and that's it. None of the other buttons work. If I press Exit, then it closes the whole media section, and I go back to regular TV.

After I have a movie in full screen, how can I go back to the menu? Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (402 Views)
Employee

Re: How to use remote for a Vizio?

You might want to pst this question on the Vizio support forums as this is not DirecTV related 
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (17 Views)
Expert

Is this external hard drive connected to your computer?  If not, where is it connected.  I'm trying to understand if you are using Mediashare to watch these movies?

Message 3 of 5 (17 Views)
Contributor

I connect the hard drive to the TV via USB. From there the TV asks if you want to browse the content. Then it shows a menu of all the movies on the hard drive.

Message 4 of 5 (17 Views)
Expert

In that event the Directv installation is not involved so I second the Pedsa48 recommendation.

Message 5 of 5 (17 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support