Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How to switch video bridge from wireless input to Ethernet jack

Tutor

How to switch video bridge from wireless input to Ethernet jack

Hi, I noticed the Directv technician set my Video Bridge up for my whole-home DVR service (setup: Genie HR44-200, wireless Genie C41W-100 and Wireless Video Bridge WVBR0-25) to take wireless input from my combo modem/router rather than using the ethernet input to the video bridge which I think would be a faster, more reliable connection.  From time to time, when I go to play on-demand shows or rewind to beginning, I get a message saying my internet connection is too slow.  Can someone tell me how to switch my setup from wireless to wired? At the moment, the status says ethernet disabled, but I am not sure that is talking about the video bridge. Can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Professor

Re: How to switch video bridge from wireless input to Ethernet jack

Connect a Wired connection to the genie and then go to menu setting reset reciver - restart the receiver and it should see the lan connection on reboot.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Professor

The WVB gets the internet from the Genie and sets up a separate network to the C41 and doesn't use the router.  I don't know if using the Ethernet port on the WVB will work but an Ethernet cable to the Genie will.

Message 3 of 8
Expert

The Wireless Video Bridge has nothing to do with connecting your DIRECTV system to the internet,  the Wireless Video Bridge SOLE purpose is to communicate with the C41W wireless client.  Your HR44 si the one acting as the bridge for your internet connection.  If you would like to be hardwired you would need to connect the ethernet cable to the HR44 and NOT the Wireless Video Bridge. Oner you connect an ethernet to the HR44 do a Red Button Reset and you should be good to go!

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

I know this is off topic but, is it possible to hook an internet ready blue ray player to the WVBR0-25 wireless video bridge, using an Ethernet cable. My blue ray player isn't wireless.

Message 5 of 8
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎12-18-2016 9:20 PM

@Wingdwolf56, no, that won't work. The WVB creates a private WiFi network just for the wireless Mini Genie clients.  Your BluRay player won't be able to access the internet that way. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 8
ACE - Expert

The Wireless Video Bridge is only to connect the Genie to the Wireless Mini Genie Client. It does not connect to your modem/router at all. The additional connections in the WVB are not active at this time, just for possible future use.

The Genie HR44 (2nd gen) or HR54 (3rd gen) has the wireless connection kit built in to connect your system to the internet. You can choose to connect it wired instead, but the ethernet cable must be connected to the Genie as that is what is connecting to your internet.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 7 of 8
Contributor

@litzdog911, Thank you for the answer!

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support