How to get directv to my room

Tutor

How to get directv to my room

I'm trying to get directv in my bedroom. Do I have to run a coaxial cable straight from the dish, to my bedroom? It works in the living room, not sure how to get it in multiple rooms. I have a slim line dish on the house.

Message 1 of 6
Employee

Re: How to get directv to my room

since you need a receiver, calling DirecTV is your best bet

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6
Tutor

I have it working in the living room. Can I split it or do I have to use a clear cord from the satellite to the bedroom? I have 6 bedrooms. I think there are only 4 inputs on the dish. So it doesn't make sense that I'd have to have multiple dishes to get it to 6 rooms

Message 3 of 6
Tutor

I have multiple receivers from my previous jouse

Message 4 of 6
Tutor

I have multiple receivers from my previous house

Message 5 of 6
Employee

SO since it seems you have a legacy system (4 output LNB) you will need to run all four lines fmr the LNB to a Zinwell 6x8 switch.  Then run all the cables to the receivers from the switch.  you can't use any sort of splitters

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support