Helpful Links

How do I hook up a HR23-700 and 18" round dish

Contributor

How do I hook up a HR23-700 and 18" round dish

I decided to move my H23-700 DVR over to my RV.  I have an 18" round dish for it.  I realize I won't get HD but that's OK.  I am wondering what the right setup is.  I am thinking for the 101 satellite it should be:

DISH TYPE: 01:ROUND (18")

SWITCH TYPE: 02:MULTISWITCH

TUNERS: SINGLE

Does this sound right?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: How do I hook up a HR23-700 and 18" round dish

Those are correct.  Be sure to connect the dish to the Receiver first.  Then, during the Satellite Setup, select the "Multiswitch" type BEFORE specifying the dish type, otherwise it won't stick.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Do I connect the cable from the dish to "satellite in 1 (SWM-2)" or "satellite in 2" in the back of the box?

Thanks for helping!

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

SAT1

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support