Helpful Links

How do I correctly connect my power inserter? It has two inputs: signal to IRD and power to SWM. I have one cable coming in from outside and one cable that goes to the TV. Help please.

Contributor

How do I correctly connect my power inserter? It has two inputs: signal to IRD and power to SWM. I have one cable coming in from outside and one cable that goes to the TV. Help please.

How do I correctly connect my power inserter? It has two inputs: 'signal to IRD' and 'power to SWM'. I have one cable coming in from outside and one cable that goes to the TV. Help please.

Message 1 of 8
Professor

Re: How do I correctly connect my power inserter? It has two inputs: signal to IRD and power to SWM. I have one cable coming in from outside and one cable that goes to the TV. Help please.

Power to SWM goes to the dish. Signal to IRD goes to your receiver. You can damage things if hooked up backwards.

Message 2 of 8
Employee

Re: How do I correctly connect my power inserter? It has two inputs: signal to IRD and power to SWM. I have one cable coming in from outside and one cable that goes to the TV. Help please.

Do you have a SWM LNB?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 8
Contributor

i dont know what that is

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

the tv works fine in the front room its only the second set in the kitchen that i have trouble with

Message 5 of 8
Employee

well the power inserter is made to power a SWM LNB.  What type of dish/LNB do you have?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 8
Employee

Are you the OP?

Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 8
ACE - Expert

buddly, are you the original poster?  If not, please start your own new thread with more details about your equipment and setup.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support