Helpful Links

How do I connect my mini genie to dvd recorder?

Contributor

How do I connect my mini genie to dvd recorder?

I just got the Genie and two client minis. The mini genie only has hdmi output but my dvd recorder has rca inputs and hdmi output. Can anyone tell me what I need in order to connect to my dvd recorder which is a Magnavox MDR537h? I am assuming that an hdmi to rca cable won't be good enough. Will a converter work? And if so, are there any recommendations? Thank you!
Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: How do I connect my mini genie to dvd recorder?

You need a "Composite Video Cable" for the C31 client.   You can order one from dealers like Solid Signal, or by calling DirecTV.  That cable will provide the yellow RCA video and red+white RCA audio cables. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Employee

Here is a commercial link

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=10pincompos&d=directv-10pincompos-10-pin-to-composite-dongle-for-directv-c31-(10pincompos)

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

You are out of luck I have tried everything to hook my up no luck I don't think you can do it?

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Master

content providers dont want you do be able to do this

they want you to buy the dvd's

but it can be done you just have to record while watching

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

The typical setup to record from your DirecTV Reciever/DVR to a VCR or DVD recorder is:

* DirecTV Receiver/DVR Audio/Video Output -> matching TV A/V Input (e.g. INPUT1)

* DirecTV Receiver/DVR A/V Output -> matching DVD/VCR Recorder A/V Input

* DVD/VCR Recorder A/V Output -> matching TV A/V Input (e.g. INPUT2)

Use the TV's Input/Source Selector Function to switch between the DirecTV receiver and VCR/DVD Recorder. To record on the DVD/VCR Recorder, select the DirecTV Receiver/DVR Input on the recorder, set the DirecTV Receiver/DVR to the channel to record (or play a recording to copy on a DVR), and start recording on your DVD/VCR Recorder.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support