How do I connect my Toshiba DVD/VHS player?

Contributor

How do I connect my Toshiba DVD/VHS player?

I have connected my Toshiba DVD/VHS player to a standard Directv box. I can't play a DVD. I get no picture or sound but the DVD is playing. What do I do?

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: How do I connect my Toshiba DVD/VHS player?

Is this Toshiba a "recorder" or just a player?  There's no way to connect a playback device to your DirecTV box because it has no audio/video inputs.  It only has outputs that can be connected to your TV or VCR/DVD Recorder.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Employee

you need to connect your DVD player directly to your TV, DirecTV receivers has no inputs, only outputs

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 7
Contributor

Message 4 of 7
Mentor

would have to connect the receiver to the VCR and if aware of VCR inputs will have to utilize the inputs ussualy connects through coax only be aware of in and outs on the VCR 

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

It is a recorder as well.

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

OK.  If it's also a recorder, then try these steps ....

The typical setup to record from your DirecTV Reciever/DVR to a VCR or DVD recorder is:

* DirecTV Receiver/DVR Audio/Video Output -> matching TV A/V Input (e.g. INPUT1)

* DirecTV Receiver/DVR A/V Output -> matching DVD/VCR Recorder A/V Input

* DVD/VCR Recorder A/V Output -> matching TV A/V Input (e.g. INPUT2)

Use the TV's Input/Source Selector Function to switch between the DirecTV receiver and VCR/DVD Recorder.  To record on the DVD/VCR Recorder, select the DirecTV Receiver/DVR Input on the recorder, set the DirecTV Receiver/DVR to the channel to record (or play a recording to copy on a DVR), and start recording on your DVD/VCR Recorder.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support