Helpful Links

How do I connect my Directv to the internet?

Contributor

How do I connect my Directv to the internet?

Directv sent me their Cinema connection kit, and it arrived today.  The e-mail stating they would send it included a link to your website with installation instructions.  What I received doesn't match the info in the installation instructions.

I received a DCA2PRO-01 DECA Broadband adaptor and power supply.

I did not receive a CCK-W wireless connection device to attach to my DVR.

Is this something different than what is posted on the website? or did I receive the wrong item?

I have a HR24-500 receiver with whole home DVR set up

I also have a wired/wireless Comtrend DSL modem for my internet service.

thanks,

Mike

Message 1 of 3
Administrator

Re: How do I connect my Directv to the internet?

Hi Mike!

Depending on how and where a DECA is used on a customer's installation, it's the same as a CCK.

However, if you have a HR24-500 it already has a built in DECA. I would call back and ask for a CCK-W it is 25.00 with a 6.99 s&h fee.

If you have a wireless router, you can connect the CCK-w to the back of your receiver and connect it to the internet. It acts as a wireless adapter for the back of your receiver.

I would definetely call and ask to speak to a CSR in tech spt to get some additional guidance as to why you were ordered a Deca instead of a CCK

-Jenny/Tech Support

Message 2 of 3
Employee

Re: How do I connect my Directv to the internet?

They sent you the wrong device.  However, a hard wired set up is much more reliable than a wireless one.  if you feel adventurous, you can run a coax from your router location to your SWM splitter and install the DECA BB next to your router.  you can also call DirecTV and request professional installation to have a tech install this for you.  Perhaps they can waive the install fee since they made a mistake.

or if you want the less preferred wireless set up, call DirecTV and have them send you the correct adapter.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support