How can i configure the RC66 remote...

Tutor

How can i configure the RC66 remote...

...from a HR22-100 receiver, for use with my Klipsch SB 120 sound bar?  Klipsch is not even listed under Menu > Settings > Remote Control > Program Remote > AV1 > Audio Equipment.

Message 1 of 11
ACE - Expert

Re: How can i configure the RC66 remote...

What is the remote's full model number?  I suspect it won't have the appropriate Soundbar codes when programmed using an HR22 HD DVR.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 11
Tutor

Do I find the whole number under the batteries? If so, there is a tag

under the battery that reads: RC1984746/01B. Is that model # we need?

On Feb 13, 2014 7:52 PM, "litzdog911" <directv-admin@forums.directv.com>

Message 3 of 11
Expert

The remote's model number is on the face of the remote, upper left corner.  It typically has some letters and/or numbers following the basic number.

Message 4 of 11

Maybe easy to hook your soundvar up with hdmi to the hdmi port listed arc on your tv if your tv is newer when your turn the tv up it will turn the soundbar up instead.

I have not had much success programming non genie remotes to soundbars

Message 5 of 11
Employee

HDMI-CEC and HDMI-ARC are two different things

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 11

Yes as I said if his tv is newer it will probally have that feature anyway hook it up arc and give it a whirl

Message 7 of 11

It will work or it wont but as stated cec

Is diffrent tec your sound bar and tv must be capable of this but most newer equipment is

Message 8 of 11
Tutor

RC66 is the full model number then, that it all that is printed in the upper left corner of the remote.

Message 9 of 11
Tutor

The Klipsch SB 120 Sound Bar does not have an HDMI out, only standard RCA out or Optical Digital out.  I am using the Optical Digital out.  I had the RC66 remote configured to raise the volume on my TV, but when I take the audio out from the TV and run it into the Sound Bar, the volumn control on the RC66 seems to do nothing except that you can see the analog indicator on the TV show that the volumn is being raised.  The issue is getting the RC66 to send a signal to the Sound Bar itself and not the TV.  Maybe it can't be done through this type of receiver/remote combo?

Message 10 of 11
Employee

kwatts13 wrote:

Maybe it can't be done through this type of receiver/remote combo?

I think you hit the nail on the head.  you might have to upgrade to a better universal remote control.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 11
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support