Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Help Setting up Directv remote with Bose Solo 5

Highlighted
Contributor

Help Setting up Directv remote with Bose Solo 5

I am trying to set up my directv remote to control my newly purchased Bose Solo 5. I have a RC66 remote.  I have not been able to get the remote to control the Bose sound bar.  How do I do this?

Message 1 of 7
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by paigek
‎12-20-2017 7:34 PM

Re: Help Setting up Directv remote with Bose Solo 5

That function is not supported by the RC66 remote. You would need an RC 71,72,73 in order for it to be programmed to the bose solo 5.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Technically that's not true. Using the 31933 code works for the Bose Solo 5 to control volume, muting, and power with the DirecTV RC66 remote. You would just still need to use the Bose remote if you want to toggle the Clear Dialogue mode, change the bass level, etc.

Message 3 of 7
Contributor

I have a RC 73 Remote and am trying to connect a new Bose Solo Sound Bar.  Instructions?

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

How do I find out what remote I have. I have looked all over and can't find a number

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert

@bretswing wrote:

How do I find out what remote I have. I have looked all over and can't find a number

Remote control model number is printed on the upper front corner. It will be something like RC73 or RC66RX.  If you don't see it, post a photo.

But I don't think the free DirecTV remotes can control Bose equipment. You'll need a fancier universal remote, like Logitech Harmony.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7
Contributor

When a Directv service person came out to adjust our dish after a windstorm a couple of months ago, he said he could program our RC73 remotes to control our Bose Solo 5 soundbar -- and he did!!  They worked perfectly till about a month ago when we unplugged all electronics to move things around.  When we plugged back in, the remote wouldn't work.  I know it can be done because he did it and it worked.  Someone must know how to do this.  Please help.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support