Explore & discover

Helpful Links

HR44-500 USB PORT

Highlighted
Contributor

HR44-500 USB PORT

CAN I SAVE A RECORDED PROGRAM BY INSERTING A FLASH DRIVE INTO THE USB PORT ON MY GENIE?

Message 1 of 5
Employee
Solution
Accepted by Employee (Employee)
Accepted by peds48
‎08-14-2016 7:53 AM

Re: HR44-500 USB PORT

No.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

There's no way to digitally transfer your DVR recordings to anything.  The only way is old-fashioned analog recording to a DVD Recorder, VCR, or PC with audio/video capture hardware & software. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to provide more than a one word answer!
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by ATTJulieCS
‎09-27-2016 7:43 AM

Short answer is no, but...

If you have the Genie Go (old name Nomad) you can copy the recordings to another device (smart phone, tablet, laptop) temporarily like 30 days which is great if you are traveling with poor to no internet connection. This device also allows you to stream you recordings from the DVR out of home.

You can connect a larger external HDD to the DVR to increase the storage. Remember the internal HDD is not accessible while the external is plugged in to avoid copying not allowed by the copyrights from the networks. Also the external HDD as soon as plugged in will format, erasing anything allready on it so you cannot transfer from one dvr to another.

Whole Home DVR, allows you to watch what is recorded on an HDDVR to another HDDVR or HD box that you have on your account.

Finally, I have heard they may be looking at some kind of 'cloud' storage to help if you are replacing a HDDVR for upgrade or warenty.

Essentially it is a protection to make sure only you, the subscriber of the content, has access to it and are not giving another household free tv.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support