Helpful Links

HR44-200 issue with caller ID.

Contributor

HR44-200 issue with caller ID.

I had Dish and the caller ID worked fine.  Now I have Directv, with the HR44-200, and the caller ID has worked for two calls in the last 3 months.  Other than that, it displays UNAVAILABLE.  I have a land line, with a cordless phone, through Windstream.  I called three times and get no where but told that the techs are working on it.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 11

Re: HR44-200 issue with caller ID.

Try dsl filter even if you do not have dsl phoneline

Message 2 of 11
Employee

is a known bug and supposedly DirecTV is working on it.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 11
Tutor

It is a known software issue that is currently being worked on by engineers.

Message 4 of 11
Teacher

I would like to add my new Genie has now started to exhibit this issue.   Hope to see it fixed.

Message 5 of 11
ACE - Expert

Don't hold your breath. The newer Genie DVRs don't even have a phone jack any more.  I don't think DirecTV considers it very important.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 11
Teacher

I'd like to add I added two ADSL filters and no change.

Message 7 of 11
ACE - Expert

Yeah.  I'm not surprised.   Really not much else you can do.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 11
Teacher

Update.  Evidently a new firmware upgrade may have resolved this issue. 

Message 9 of 11
ACE - Expert

So your Caller ID is working again?

Message 10 of 11
Teacher

Evidently.  No more unavailable unavailable.  Ever since software 0xa72, on Tuesday 10/13 was installed.  But only time will tell.

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support