Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Genie® Remote won't work with Bose Solo 15

Contributor

Genie® Remote won't work with Bose Solo 15

Hello Experts,

I just received DirecTv on the Dec. 11th and now changed the sound bar to a Bose Solo 15/10. I went thur the steps to "Change Audio Device" and selected Bose and tried the 2 Solo setting and also the "I don't know". In most cases while in the setup mode, the volume does work, but the power does not work and after I select "It Worked", and exit everything, the volume does NOT work and the power still does not work.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Ron

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Genie® Remote won't work with Bose Solo 15

What model of Genie do you have and the remotes model number?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Expert)
Accepted by peds48
‎01-25-2016 4:23 AM

The RC7x remotes can't control power on/off for devices like Soundbars. You'll have to rely on HDMI CEC, if that's available with your equipment.

regarding the VOL, after you select "it worked" you need to select CHANGE VOL LOCK and set the lock to AUDIO DEVICE

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7
Contributor

That did the trick ... thanks

Message 4 of 7
Expert

@rcgusa you are welcome.

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

What is HDMI CEC, and how do I rely on it?  My soundbar input is out of the TV, as it has to provide sound for the Blu Ray DVD as well.

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

@JBrits wrote:

What is HDMI CEC, and how do I rely on it?  My soundbar input is out of the TV, as it has to provide sound for the Blu Ray DVD as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Control

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support