Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Genie 2 Install Question: Coax required if no TV?

Highlighted

Genie 2 Install Question: Coax required if no TV?

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm getting a Genie 2 installed soon and I've heard hooking it up to your router via Ethernet is ideal. I'll have no issue doing that, but the room my router is in doesn't have a coax to hook up to the Genie 2. But I don't have a TV in that room, and have no intention of watching TV in there. All the rooms where I watch TV have a coax I can hook up to the mini clients. So I guess my question is, in my situation, does it matter that I won't be able to plug in a coax cable into the Genie 2 since I'm not watching TV in that room?
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Genie 2 Install Question: Coax required if no TV?

The tech should be able to run coax to the router from the SWM splitter and install a DECA BB to add the internet to the coax.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4

Does the fact that I'm using fiber optic internet make a difference?
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Voltage2626
‎10-01-2017 7:26 PM

No. Just make sure you tell the tech to install it as they prefer to use WiFi as it is quicker.  

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support