Error Code 775

Contributor

Error Code 775

Every day from about 11:30 A.M. until about 3 P.M. I get the 775 Error Code and then it mysteriously goes away. DIRECTV would like for me to pay a technician to come out and look at my system, however, it seems to me to be a broadcasting issue. Anyone else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 5 (12,683 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Error Code 775

No, that's not a broadcasting issue. That error means that something is wrong with your Single Wire Multiswitch dish equipment.  Most likely it's a loose or corroded coax connection at your dish or ground block.  Or perhaps a defective dish LNB that's become temperature sensitive.  Some of those things you can check yourself, but a service call will fix it for sure.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (1,045 Views)
Contributor

Thank you for your help, the temperature explanation would seem to be the answer as it happens at the height of sun exposure. I will reschedule my appointment with them.

Dan

Message 3 of 5 (1,045 Views)
ACE - Expert

Keep us posted.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (1,045 Views)
Tutor

As a tech, EVERY time I see this on a service call I do 2 things.

Replace the cable from the dish to the groundblock, then move the power supply before the splitter if possible, if I cannot do that I change all cabling in between the dish and the power supply, even it is does not look or test bad.

99% of the time it is a power supply issue, almost never the power supply itself, but inferior cabling from the dish to the power supply.

Do not accept the reset power supply and receiver recommendation from a customer service rep, this is not a fix...

You will need a tech there to check the cabling I mentioned. 775 errors DO NOT fix themselves, there is a valid issue with the system...

Message 5 of 5 (1,045 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support