Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Error Code 775

Tutor

Error Code 775

I have read through the forum pertaining to others that are having the same problem with getting the 775 error code...I am not tech savvy at all, but I am trying to follow some of the steps that have been mentioned. In my situation, I had the HR54-700 model installed in March 2019. Service went out last night and has yet to resume. I haven't seen a SWiM box anywhere. We also aren't able to even watch recorded shows right now. (We were able to briefly last night, but now it's nothing.) If I don't have a SWim box, is there anything else that I can try (other than what the site has suggested) before making a service call? Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Error Code 775

@lturner22 wrote:

I have read through the forum pertaining to others that are having the same problem with getting the 775 error code...I am not tech savvy at all, but I am trying to follow some of the steps that have been mentioned. In my situation, I had the HR54-700 model installed in March 2019. Service went out last night and has yet to resume. I haven't seen a SWiM box anywhere. We also aren't able to even watch recorded shows right now. (We were able to briefly last night, but now it's nothing.) If I don't have a SWim box, is there anything else that I can try (other than what the site has suggested) before making a service call? Thanks.

You probably don't have a SWM power inserter because the HR54 has that built-in. 

What troubleshooting have you tried?  The obvious stuff is to check all of your coax connections at the HR54, the SWM splitter, and your satellite dish. If those look clean and tight, then there's not much else you can do except call for a service visit .... 1 800 531 5000

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

Not being able to watch recorded programs suggests that the HR54 is the problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Tutor

I have tried all the steps that you mentioned...but only a visual check of the satellite dish since it's on the roof. I have a feeling that I'll be calling. Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Tutor

Thanks @shannon02  for the input. I'll keep that in mind if/when I talk to them if I don't get it working.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Workarounds for resolving common errors. View DIRECTV Error Code Help!
Additional Support