Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Elevation and azimuth for satellites

Highlighted
krb
Tutor

Elevation and azimuth for satellites

I live in southern New Hampshire and currently get regular Direct TV. To receive HD I must be able to get
signals from 3 separate satellites. I get 101, 95 and I think I need 102., what are the three satellites azimuth
and elevation coordinates. Neither my manual or receiver gives this
information. When I know the elevation and azimuth of the three satellites I will know the width of the area of the blocking trees that need to be cut? 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 7
Professor

Re: Elevation and azimuth for satellites

Best contact DirecTV as you will need a new HD dish installed, HD Receivers/DVR's as well as subscribing to the HD service before you can get HD programming content. You cannot get HD with your current setup. The HD satellites that the Slimline HD dish receives signals from are the 99, 101 & 103.

Message 2 of 7
Expert

you can use ww.dishpointer.com and use the obstacle tool to find to what "needs to be cut"

Message 3 of 7
Expert

The Directv SL3 dish is listed near the bottom of the scrolling satellite list.

Message 4 of 7
Expert

make sure to select the "multiple satellites" list 

Message 5 of 7
Professor

OK guys.....when I read the OP's questions(especially the "Neither my manual or receiver gives this

information. When I know the elevation and azimuth of the three satellites I will know the width of the area of the blocking trees that need to be cut?" part) I interpreted him implying he though he could get an alignment for HD service on his existing equipment/service....duhhhhh:0)

But the information you so aptly provided "will" help user krb "prepare" for an HD upgrade installation.

P.S.

And.....if the OP's Zip Code(03440) receives the Boston locals from the 99 bird, the Slimline 3LNB will work......and if he has good SD reception on the 101 bird right now(unless the dish is pointed right between two trees) wouldn't the 99 & 103 normally be picked up fine without "clearing any trees"??? Also, how do you find out(based upon a poster's zip code) which bird(sometimes the 110?) the locals are beamed from??? Do you have a "cheat sheet"? I'm studying up to become an installer when I retire........NOT:0)

Message 6 of 7
Expert

you can use the spreadsheet here to find out the locals

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=206618

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support