Dish setup

Dish setup

I am attempting to swap out my non HD dish for an HD dish. The new HD dish is a Slimline 3S. I got the setting numbers from Dishpointer and set the dish accordingly. I changed the setting on the menu page for the new dish as well. After 6 hrs of adjusting and turning the dish I get no numbers on the 101. None. Called DTV and the had me reboot and tried several other dish setups but still nothing. I hooked my old dish back up to make sure it's not a cable problem and it works fine on non HD channels. What else can I try??? Here is my HD box number rid 023183483348 and mdl H20 MFR 100

Message 1 of 20 (775 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Dish setup

The "Slimline 3S" dish is a Single Wire Multiswitch dish.  Do you have a "SWM Power Inserter" for that dish?  Also, if you have a B-Band Converter attached to the back of the H20, be sure to remove it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 20 (30 Views)

No converter. Didn't know I needed one. DTV told me I should attach the Bline but I have tried it both ways.

Message 3 of 20 (30 Views)

No converter. Didn't know I needed one. DTV told me I should attach the Bline but I have tried it both ways.

Message 4 of 20 (30 Views)
ACE - Expert

The 3S dish needs a "SWM Power Inserter".   Won't work without one.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 20 (30 Views)

Do I needed to go thru DTV to get one or can I get it else where? Also where does it attach?

Message 6 of 20 (30 Views)

Also just read on another post about using a splitter. Do I need one if I'm only running one box?

Message 7 of 20 (30 Views)

Someone else chime in because I thought h20 were not Swm compatable

Or some where and some were not

Message 8 of 20 (30 Views)
Mentor

H20's re SWM compatible but may not be WHDVR compatible.

Message 9 of 20 (30 Views)

Don't know what that is but sounds like a DVR...? If so I don't have one.

Message 10 of 20 (30 Views)
Mentor

I was responding to dtvuser2013 asking about compatibility with the SWM.  WHDVR is whole home dvr service.  In your case it is irrelevant.  The H20 you have should work well with a SWM system.  The power inserters are available from DTV and from various retailers online.  Once you have a power inserter you will attach the cable from the dish to "power to swm" and a second coax will go from "signal to ird" to sat in on the receiver.

Message 11 of 20 (30 Views)

Ok. Thanks to everyone for the help. What about the splitter? Do I still need one for just one box?

Sent from my iPhone

Message 12 of 20 (30 Views)
Employee

NO, for one receiver  a splitter is not needed.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 13 of 20 (30 Views)

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone

Message 14 of 20 (30 Views)
Expert

Here is the power inserter you need.

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?mc=02&p=PI-21&d=DIRECTV-PI21-21V-1.5A-Power-Inserter-for-SWimLi... Power Supplies&sku=185463000894

Message 15 of 20 (30 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support