Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Dish re-install

Contributor

Dish re-install

I have a fish camp trailer in South Carolina. When I go down for a few days of fishing I like to take one of my receivers along to catch the ballgames at night. I have a dish there now but I want to relocate it as it is too close to my parking area. Can I get a service technician to reinstall it? I would expect to pay for the service. I could probably stream games from the internet but would rather move the dish.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Dish re-install

DTV will only relocate a dish that is at the service address, so you have to hire someone or DIY. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Dish re-install

Also if that is the old round dish, or other MPEG-2 model, it would be not usable as DirecTV is starting to shutdown the old MPEG-2 feeds in April 2019. After that MPEG-4 setup (dish and boxes) would be needed.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support