Helpful Links

Dish aiming for 99 sat

Tutor

Dish aiming for 99 sat

I have a slimline dish with a SL3 LNB, I can get signals in the mid to upper 90s on 101 and 103 ca and cb, but I cannot get a signal on 99.

Any suggestions on how to adjust to get 99?

Message 1 of 6
Employee

Re: Dish aiming for 99 sat

Make sure your mast in level an you have the correct tilt on your dish.  A properly aligned dish will receive all satellites

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Expert

If you're getting signal readings in the high 80-90s on 101 and 103º satellites, but nothing on 99º, then suggests something is blocking your dish's view of that satellite.  Or you have a defective dish LNB or Receiver.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Tutor

I called direct tv and after they set me up for the locals in my new location for some reason 99 started working without me doing anything else.  I move about weekly and never had this problem before, when i get 101 and 103, i always also have 99 without doing anything.

dennis

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

I just re-aimed my dish using the audible beep signal strength meters.  Success!  Now, even during heavy rain, I get a decent signal.  I suffered with horrible reception since the so-called 'professional' installer couldn't do it right.

Message 5 of 6
Employee

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support