Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Direct TV RC73 remote and Bose Solo TV Sound System

Highlighted
Tutor

Direct TV RC73 remote and Bose Solo TV Sound System

My RC73 remote will not operate on/off function for Bose Solo TV Sound System. The volume works but not the on/off.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Expert)
Accepted by peds48
‎01-31-2016 10:50 AM

Re: Direct TV RC73 remote and Bose Solo TV Sound System

That's how it works. The RC73 remote cannot control audio device power on/off, only volume.  You'll need to rely on "HDMI CEC", if your TV and Bose support that.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Tutor

Well then I guess the only only option is to move to a completely different move expensive remote. 

Thanks for the help!!

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

I have a rc73 remote for my sony tv connected to Directv.  I just purchased a Bose solo 5 sound bar.  I would like to program my rc73 remote to be able to control the volume/mute.  Help!

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Trying to synch a Bose Solo to my RC73. Fine until the last prompt to press power button  but with that screen up, no function on the remote works. The Bose and the tv are on during the process but off button does nothing

Jack

Message 5 of 6
Contributor

Go to menu, go to program remote, after you enter your tv, you will then enter your audio device.  Worked for me with a Bose solo and an rc73 remote

Tags (3)
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support