Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Control Volume for Yamaha Receiver in All modes

Contributor

Control Volume for Yamaha Receiver in All modes

Just got a new DirectTV service, remote is programmed to change the volume on the TV.

I programmed AV1 to power and change the volume on my Yamaha receiver (code 30176  ) but I can't get the remote to change the volume on the receiver in DirectTV mode. I tried putting in the code 993 while in AV1 mode.

Message 1 of 7
Professor

Re: Control Volume for Yamaha Receiver in All modes

993 plus VOLUME DOWN gets you the yamaha volume in a single device, its 993 then SELECT that puts yamaha volume in ALL devices.

1. av1 or av2

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 3

4. press SELECT

Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Thank you, that worked.

It confused me because it blinked after inputting 993, so I didn't think it would take the SELECT input

Message 3 of 7
Contributor

I can get my remote to turn off my Yamaha tsr 7580 and do the volume but won’t turn on that’s in av1 but I have another remote the Rc73 when it searches for codes it turns off and on then I hit it works then it only controls the volume 

Message 4 of 7
ACE - Master

@Ray2214 wrote:

I can get my remote to turn off my Yamaha tsr 7580 and do the volume but won’t turn on that’s in av1 but I have another remote the Rc73 when it searches for codes it turns off and on then I hit it works then it only controls the volume 

the rc7x series wont control the power, you need to enable hdmi control for that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
Contributor

Do u guys have a remote that will work for all 3 the tv , direct tv and the surround receiver
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
ACE - Master

my rc6x does.  but again, you need hdmi control on for it to do power

so same thing

many people recommend harmony remotes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support