Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Changing service address

Contributor

Changing service address

When I got Direct T.V. there was already a dish at my address so the tech just connected my service to the dish that was there. If I want to change my service address, will I still have to pay the $199 install fee?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Changing service address

Under the new rules, yes.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Spursfan022000
‎05-04-2019 3:29 PM

Re: Changing service address

@Spursfan022000 wrote:

When I got Direct T.V. there was already a dish at my address so the tech just connected my service to the dish that was there. If I want to change my service address, will I still have to pay the $199 install fee?

You cannot simply change the service address on the account by request. To change the address you have to place a Movers order. It must be at least 12 months since your install (or last move) of active service, with account in good standing, before a free move may be qualified. Otherwise a move is $199.

The service is intended for one residential address per account. Used to be if you had a 2nd home, vacation cabin, or the like, then you could update service address as needed. Unfortunately too many people left boxes active at both places at the same time, or didn't update service address, which violated the terms of service including FCC regulations as several things (including taxes) are based on the service address which is supposed to match where every box on the account is at. So AT&T to more strictly follow the intention of the rules only allows the DirecTV service address to change with a official Movers order.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support