Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Cannot pair rc73 remote with Vizio TV

Cannot pair rc73 remote with Vizio TV

I tried to pair a soundbar to my remote and was unsuccessful. My remote had been working fine with my Vizio e3d470vx model before this. Now it does not pair at all. I tried, new batteries, resetting, holding mute and select buttons (instructions say hold mute and enter, but no "enter" button on my remote. Reset the dtv box. Unplugged waited and plugged back in, no luck. I also tried to set the remote to IR mode, no luck. Then tried to go back to RF mode, no luck. Tired over and over, following instructions perfectly. I have tried for hours and hours. Even took the batteries out of remote overnight, still no luck. Still my rc73 remote will not pair up with my Vizio TV. It worked fine before. Yes, new batteries, too. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ZoltanTuba
‎11-17-2017 8:05 PM

Re: Cannot pair rc73 remote with Vizio TV

Yes, your remote has an ENTER button ....

DirecTV_RC7x_EnterButton.JPG

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Professor

@litzdog911, you beat me to it, I was just going to post this. Lol

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5

Thank you. I must have looked at that remote 100 times and did not see it. It is in a strange location, but that doesn't really excuse me. Got it working now, pretty easy when you do it the right way. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

Glad to help. Enjoy!

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support