Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Cannot connect RC72 remote to LG 42LD450 TV

Teacher

Cannot connect RC72 remote to LG 42LD450 TV

I have a Genie Mini connected to an LG 42LD450 TV. I am attempting to program the RC72 Genie remote to this TV and none of the LG TV codes in the remote setup menu are working. I was able to use code 10178 on my other LG TV, model 32LD350. This TV, however, is giving me trouble. I've tried every code 3 times, with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 29

Re: Cannot connect RC72 remote to LG 42LD450 TV

Genie model number?

Is the remote control RC72 or...?

Message 2 of 29
Expert

What model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..

Also please make make sure of the remote model number, there is no RC72

Message 3 of 29
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
Accepted by Anonymous
‎07-07-2014 5:56 PM

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 29
Teacher

The receiver is model RC41-100.

The remote is a Genie Remote (not the backlit model). It says RC72 just above the ON button.

Message 5 of 29
Expert

Press and hold MUTE & ENTER for a few seconds then go to the remote control menu to program the TV

Message 6 of 29
Teacher

Right. I've done that. None of the TV codes work.

Message 7 of 29
Teacher

Thank you very much, ! That worked liked a charm.

Only problem I have now is although I thought these to be RF remotes, I'm finding that unless I point the remote directly at the receiver (and the receiver has to be in clear line of site with the remote) it will not work.

Any additional settings I need to make with the remote and/or receiver to turn on RF?

Message 8 of 29

hit menu on the RC-71

go to settings

go to remote

program remote.

also make sure you have the  H-41-xxx if not the remote is not able to be programmed because the h41 & HR44 program the RC-71 remote from the reciever.

If you have the HR-34 and H-31 there are some codes you can try but they are different i will try to log in and get the codes and post back

Message 9 of 29
Expert

call DirecTV® to get a replacement remote, your is defective

Message 10 of 29
Teacher

I was able to get the remote to control the TV audio, but I'm striking out now figuring out how to get the remote/receiver into RF mode.

Any tips?

Message 11 of 29

hold select and mute until the light on top blinks 3 times hit 961 ch. up enter

Message 12 of 29
Teacher

Tried that. Stumped as to why it's not working, but it is still for sure not in RF mode. Saying so, because if the receiver is behind the TV, or any object, the remote does nothing. If I point the remote to the floor or anywhere that is not line of site, nothing.

I was sent by DirecTV a remote that says RC-72. Everything I'm reading online references RC-71 as the standard Genie remote. Is that possibly part of the issue here? The remote says RF on the back, but it just isn't working (on either of the two remote/genie mini combinations I have in the house).

Message 13 of 29

I am a tech and there is not an RC-72 it is an RC-71. make sure the receivers are H41 or HR44 if not they are not RF compatable

Message 14 of 29
Teacher

OK, so I feel ashamed saying this, but after getting frustrated and prepared to call DTV tomorrow and demand new remotes, I re-read your post - I was hitting mute + select...

After clicking mute + enter, the TV showed a message that my remote is now in RF mode.

I'm happy to report the remote is now working like a charm in true RF mode.

Thanks everyone for the replies and assistance...

Message 15 of 29
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support