Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can I reuse old Satalite dish

Highlighted
Contributor

Can I reuse old Satalite dish

I have an existing direct TV satalite dish on my roof from about 2011 and I cancelled direct tv service in 2014.

(1) If I sign up again for direct TV, will the installers reuse my satalite dish or will they put up a new satalite dish on my roof?

(2) Is there a difference in cost?

(3) Is there a difference in quality of the newer dishes?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by JoeKruft
‎10-26-2016 3:35 PM

Re: Can I reuse old Satalite dish

The installers will put up a new one if they have to (and probably will). The dishes are free with the install. The LNB on the dish (the electronics with the "eye(s)" )will almost certainly be different.

No difference in quality.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by JoeKruft
‎10-26-2016 3:35 PM

Re: Can I reuse old Satalite dish

1. Installers will use any existing equipment if compatible and in serviceable condition. If the new dish does not support your new setup, or is otherwise unserviceable you would have a new dish installed.

2. Would not be expected to be a difference in cost as installs normally include dish if needed.

3. The biggest change in the receiving dishes was going from SD only to supporting HD, dish itself doesn't change much as is a 'mirror' to catch the signal from the satellite.

Back in 2014? This late in the year I am going to guess over 2yrs ago for the exact date so call 1-800-DIRECTV to apply for new service.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support