Can I connect my DVD player to my DVR to play DVD's?

Contributor

Can I connect my DVD player to my DVR to play DVD's?

I just bought a new DVD player with an HDMI cable but my TV has components.  I bought a converter but it's not working.  The salesman told me I should hook it to my DVR, which I did but I don't know how to get it to work from there.

Message 1 of 6
Employee

Re: Can I connect my DVD player to my DVR to play DVD's?

none of the DirecTV receivers has any HDMI inputs., only output.   Perhaps you can connect the Blue-Ray using COMPOSITE cables or get a new TV with HDMI inputs.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6
Expert

Possibly Peds48 intended to say "connect the BluRay to the TV using component cables"?

Message 3 of 6
Employee

No,  I meant COMPOSITE since new BluRay by law do not have COMPONENT outputs:smileycool:

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6
Expert

Boy, live and learn (so they say).  I was unaware of that, thanks for the tip.

Message 5 of 6
Employee

DMCA

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support