Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Bose Solo DTV remote help please!

I've read all the posts, I have all my other systems programed but I cannot get my new Bose Solo to work with my RC64R remote. DTV Tech support hasn't been any help. I've read post where some have had success but didn't actually say how.

I have:

Genie HR34-700 as base. Problem set up is with remote unit not the main Genie.

TV: Samsung LN26C350D1DXZA

Remote: RC64R

Bose Solo purchase 12/26/13.

Digital Audio cable from DTV directly to Bose Solo

Tried codes: 31933, 31841, 31629, 31229,30639,31253, 30674. Codes retrieved off of DTV tech website as only codes.

After entering code, trying volume button, "! Not Available" window appears on screen.

I would like for the DTV remote to control the volume and turn the Bose unit on/off if possible.

I'm feeling real stupid here so please help.

Message 1 of 10
Expert

Re: Bose Solo DTV remote help please!

After you program the Bose code, you then need to lock the VOL to the AV device

Move slide switch to AV1 or AV2

1. Press and hold MUTE and SELECT (LED flashes twice)

2. Enter 993 then SELECT

Message 2 of 10

Understand that part. Thanks for the quick response. I can't get the Solo to react with any code entered. I've tried all listed codes on AV1 and AV2 positions. I cannot get it to change the volume or turn on/off.

Sent: Friday, December 27, 2013 2:38 PM

To: ricochet1026

Subject: Re: - Bose Solo DTV remote help please!

DIRECTV Technical Forums

reply from peds48 in DIRECTV Remote Controls - View the full discussion

Message 3 of 10
Expert
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
Accepted by Anonymous
‎12-27-2013 3:49 PM

you need to understand the the VOL will NOT work BEFORE these steps are performed.  and also the VOL will NOT work if you DO NOT have a TV code in the remote.

try any of the codes and THEN do the step outlined above, and THEN and ONLY THEN, you can try to see if the VOL works

Message 4 of 10
Contributor

I have a 60" Sony Bravia and just installed a Bose Solo.  Using the techniques described by peds48, I have been able to cause the Directv remote to turn the system (Genie and tv) on and off, as well as control the volume on the Solo.

This procedure does not turn on the Solo.  To do that, on the DTV remote, I have to slide the switch to AV1.  It will then turn on the Solo.  I return the switch to DTV and everything works, including the volume on the Solo.  This is an ok workaround but would like it to turn on and off the entire system (including the Solo) with the one button.  I would like to eliminate the sliding the switch over to AV1 which is annoying.  Another option would be to use the Bose remote, but that would be even more annoying.

Part of the issue is that the Solo has a "feature" which causes it to shut off automatically after a period of time and there is no override provided by Bose.  If there were, I would just leave the Solo on all the time and forget about it.

Is there a way to power on the Solo with the one button on the DTV remote at the same time as all the other equipment?

Message 5 of 10
ACE - Expert

Is there a way to power on the Solo with the one button on the DTV remote at the same time as all the other equipment?

Nope.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 10
Expert

There is no way

Message 7 of 10
Contributor

If you hold down the power button on the Bose remote and wait till it chimes in a upward sound, if you will it will make your Bose turn on when your tv does automatically. If not try and hold down the power button again till you hear three chimes going down in sound that should do it I just forget if it is upward sound or down either way one of them should do it and you will know if it woks because if you turn off your tv the red light on the Bose will turn yellow till you turn on your tv in which case it will turn red again to signify its on. Read the manual it's in there 

Message 8 of 10
Contributor

Worked, but still can't control up and down volume with Directv Genie remote  what else should I do?

Message 9 of 10
Contributor

That's all you can do my Bose remote does everything but turn off the tv and cable box my tv remote won't adjust the volume on Bose and my cable remote won't change the input for DVD or Xbox you know so no matter what I've done I still need two remotes lol
Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support