Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Azimuth, elevation and skew settings for zip code 89801

Contributor

Azimuth, elevation and skew settings for zip code 89801

My signal was partially interrupted by debris hitting my dish during a wind storm, a second wind storm caused total signal loss and I would like to know where and how to re-aim the dish to restore service in less than the 12 days it will take to get a service technician to my lcation. I would like to know the proper azimuth, elevation and skew settings for zip code 89801.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Azimuth, elevation and skew settings for zip code 89801

www.dishpointer.com

Enter your zip code, find your dish type in the pull down menu, and you'll see the aiming coordinates.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

There are no skew settings, aka tilt,  on the dishpointer site, only azimuth, and elevation, i to am having the same problem .....

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

Yes there is it is below the picture.

Your Location
Latitude: 40.7602°
Longitude: -73.9836°
Satellite Data
Name: DirecTV SL3 (99W, 101W, 103W)
Distance: 38154km
Dish Setup Data
Elevation35.3°
Azimuth (true)218.0°
Azimuth (magn.)230.9°
Dish Skew [?]:  62.2° 
Turn clockwise standing behind the dish
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Never saw that before till now, just the little pop-u, in the map area,

Thank's !

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support