Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Absolutely Disgusted - 3rd party salesman, had to install own services, etc

Contributor

Absolutely Disgusted - 3rd party salesman, had to install own services, etc

I have never dealt with a group so unprofessional.

So during an evening trip to Walmart, my husband and I were met by a salesman of AT&T/DirecTV who really looked the part. Very professional appearance and attitude throughout transaction. Explained that by signing up that day, we would qualify for a $225 Walmart gift card, a free installation (he stated that technically our $35 payment at that time was covering the installation fee), and the monthly payment amount would be approximately $57.00 after taxes. He even wrote down his "personal cell number" should we come across any issues. 

First off, our installation was during my son's 5th birthday party (which was fine, seeing as the tech was to be doing all the installation work, right? NO) My husband had to climb under the house to run the cables, he had to mount the dish, and hide the excess cable under the house because the tech explained that he "didn't get paid enough to do all that". THEN, before he would program (i'm not sure if that is the correct term) the receivers in each room (3), he demanded that we pay him an additional $40 cash or he would not be able to complete the install. 

4 weeks later and no Walmart gift card, the shady 3rd party salesman has decided he didn't want to answer our calls, and it took SEVEN phone calls to DirecTV/AT&T to order Avengers on PPV last weekend. To actually be able to watch it, a female representative had to remote in to our receiver and reset something that wasn't properly set up during installation.

Oh and our bill is $97.00. 

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert

Re: Absolutely Disgusted - 3rd party salesman, had to install own services, etc

I would have sent that tech packing.  As you can see dealing with third party salespersons is not worth it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support