Explore & discover

Helpful Links

775 error code

Highlighted
Tutor

775 error code

I don't know the spediffics of the system, but I  have a dv, and it started going off and on for about a half hour,(the signal), and then it stayed off

Getting the 775 message.  I checked the connections, and don't seem to have a swim adapter,, but I reset everything a million times or so.  Still no communication.

Went up on the roof.  Have a double coax cable at the dish, but only one of the two halves is hooked up to the dish.  The other is just hanging in the breeze.

It has no end on it or anything, and is cut off flushly,(if that is even a word).  So is this piece supposed to be hooked to something?

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: 775 error code

No.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Expert

SWM dish setups only have one coax cable connected to the dish LNB.  

775 refers to issues with the dish LNB power supply (SWM Power Inserter).

What DVR/Receiver model numbers do you have?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8
Tutor

i'm sorry, I just found the swim device in my circuit box panel, or I should say next to the panel in the cutout for the panel which is behind a door on the wall.The swim light is on, and I reset it, but still to no avail.l  

HR44-200

Message 4 of 8
Tutor

model HR44-200

Message 5 of 8
ACE - Expert

@flipppper wrote:

i'm sorry, I just found the swim device in my circuit box panel, or I should say next to the panel in the cutout for the panel which is behind a door on the wall.The swim light is on, and I reset it, but still to no avail.l  

HR44-200

Then it's time to call for a service visit .... 1 800 531 5000

You may have a defective SWM LNB, power inserter, coax cable connection, or Genie. 

Message 6 of 8
Tutor

ok, did that, they are coming tomorrow, thanks

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Expert

@flipppper wrote:

ok, did that, they are coming tomorrow, thanks

Let us know what they find. 

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Workarounds for resolving common errors. View DIRECTV Error Code Help!
Additional Support