Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 27, 2013
6:56:28 PM
View profile
what is GenieGo connectivity test 6 looking for?

OOH is not working on Win 8 laptop in Win 7 compatibility mode and connectivity test fails test 6.  What is this test looking for

?

OOH is not working on Win 8 laptop in Win 7 compatibility mode and connectivity test fails test 6.  What is this test looking for

?

what is GenieGo connectivity test 6 looking for?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 7:42:01 AM
(0)
Expert

Is the PC software working properly within your home?

Is the PC software working properly within your home?

Re: what is GenieGo connectivity test 6 looking for?

2 of 7 (377 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 5:43:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yes works fine in home. Looks like issue is my daughters laptop which is Win 8. Tried Win7 compatibility mode but still doesn't work; her Internet connection also sucks.

Yes works fine in home. Looks like issue is my daughters laptop which is Win 8. Tried Win7 compatibility mode but still doesn't work; her Internet connection also sucks.

3 of 7 (377 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2013 10:21:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

Has anybody found an answer to this? I am attempting to activate a laptop that is not currently connected to my home network and it keeps failing on Connectivity Test 6 after passing tests 1-5. Does anybody know if there is a work around that will let me be able to activate my laptop even if it is not connected to my home network that the GenieGo is connected to?

Has anybody found an answer to this? I am attempting to activate a laptop that is not currently connected to my home network and it keeps failing on Connectivity Test 6 after passing tests 1-5. Does anybody know if there is a work around that will let me be able to activate my laptop even if it is not connected to my home network that the GenieGo is connected to?

4 of 7 (377 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2013 1:49:10 PM
(0)
Expert

There is no such workaround.  In order to activate the GenieGO on any device, that device must be connected to the same network as the GenieGO and the DVR.

There is no such workaround.  In order to activate the GenieGO on any device, that device must be connected to the same network as the GenieGO and the DVR.

5 of 7 (377 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2015 11:36:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

This is over a year old... and they still haven't fixed this issue.

iPhone lost GenieGo connection after one month ... | DIRECTV Technical Forums

This is over a year old... and they still haven't fixed this issue.

iPhone lost GenieGo connection after one month ... | DIRECTV Technical Forums

6 of 7 (377 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2015 8:19:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

There is nothing that needs to be fixed as that is part is the design

There is nothing that needs to be fixed as that is part is the design

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (377 Views)