Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Nov 21, 2013
9:00:01 AM
View profile
iPad, other tablet, or laptop? Which works most reliably?

I'm looking for recommendations for tablets or laptops to use with the GenieGo due to arrive today or tomorrow.  From what I've read, it looks like iPad works well, but are there other less expensive tablet options that are reliable?

I'm looking for recommendations for tablets or laptops to use with the GenieGo due to arrive today or tomorrow.  From what I've read, it looks like iPad works well, but are there other less expensive tablet options that are reliable?

iPad, other tablet, or laptop? Which works most reliably?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2013 11:03:03 AM
(0)
Expert

Do you currently have any mobile devices?  I'm not sure it would pay to buy any Mobile simply so I could used the GenieGO.

GenieGO™ Frequently Asked Questions | DIRECTV Support

Do you currently have any mobile devices?  I'm not sure it would pay to buy any Mobile simply so I could used the GenieGO.

GenieGO™ Frequently Asked Questions | DIRECTV Support

Re: iPad, other tablet, or laptop? Which works most reliably?

2 of 4 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2013 11:26:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I think the iPad is better supported than Android-based tablets.   For example, the Android app just recently added out-of-home streaming support.   And there seem to be lots more issues posted here with Android-based tablets than iPhone/iPads.

I think the iPad is better supported than Android-based tablets.   For example, the Android app just recently added out-of-home streaming support.   And there seem to be lots more issues posted here with Android-based tablets than iPhone/iPads.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2013 12:04:30 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks..  That seemed the way I was headed.  Just hate the thought of the cost of an iPad!  and I already have an iPad, but it is first generation.  Maybe the mini would suffice.

Thanks..  That seemed the way I was headed.  Just hate the thought of the cost of an iPad!  and I already have an iPad, but it is first generation.  Maybe the mini would suffice.

4 of 4 (0 Views)