Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Mar 22, 2014
9:03:09 PM
View profile
genieGO reports dvr playlist empty

New whole home genie with  genieGO.

Activated geniego, and it "sees" the genie,  but it reports genie playlist empty, but of course, its not.

No idea what's wrong.

Any thoughts?

New whole home genie with  genieGO.

Activated geniego, and it "sees" the genie,  but it reports genie playlist empty, but of course, its not.

No idea what's wrong.

Any thoughts?

genieGO reports dvr playlist empty

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2014 10:22:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Have you tried resetting the Genie ?

Have you tried resetting the Genie ?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: genieGO reports dvr playlist empty

2 of 7 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2014 5:35:09 AM
(0)
Expert

Have you assured that the box labeled "DVR Playlist" at the top of the screen is selected?

Have you assured that the box labeled "DVR Playlist" at the top of the screen is selected?

3 of 7 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2014 3:11:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yes, I tried that.

Also tried rebooting router, modem and genieGO device

Yes, I tried that.

Also tried rebooting router, modem and genieGO device

4 of 7 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2014 3:13:37 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yes, I'm sure.

Interestingly, on directv site under "my equipment" GenieGo is activated but Genie is listed as not connected to internet.  I know this is not true because I can download movies, use Pandora, youtube, etc.  Don't know if that is part of the problem.

Yes, I'm sure.

Interestingly, on directv site under "my equipment" GenieGo is activated but Genie is listed as not connected to internet.  I know this is not true because I can download movies, use Pandora, youtube, etc.  Don't know if that is part of the problem.

5 of 7 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 4:34:07 AM
(0)
Expert

On your Genie's remote, press and hold the info button.  Then select more system info.  Scroll down and check that Internet is indeed connected.  Some of the "Internet connected" reporting systems do not always reflect the correct situation.  An excellent check of your DVR's connection to the Directv server is to open your "Guide" to channel 1239 and download a music program.  If that downloads and plays back properly then you know that all is well with your connection.

On your Genie's remote, press and hold the info button.  Then select more system info.  Scroll down and check that Internet is indeed connected.  Some of the "Internet connected" reporting systems do not always reflect the correct situation.  An excellent check of your DVR's connection to the Directv server is to open your "Guide" to channel 1239 and download a music program.  If that downloads and plays back properly then you know that all is well with your connection.

6 of 7 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 10:29:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the help.

I am connected. No doubt.

After rebooting / resetting  everything for the umpteenth time last night, suddenly the genie playlist showed up on my GenieGO app both on my laptop and ipad.   All is well.  Thanks

Thanks for the help.

I am connected. No doubt.

After rebooting / resetting  everything for the umpteenth time last night, suddenly the genie playlist showed up on my GenieGO app both on my laptop and ipad.   All is well.  Thanks

7 of 7 (10 Views)