Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Nov 3, 2013
2:31:31 PM
Will GenieGo work on Android?

I just recently installed my geniego in my home.  I have the app on my phone and it works perfect while in the home... as well as the app on my pc.  I made sure that the router was setup for OOH access.  But when I connect to a wifi network outside of my home it cannot detect my dvr.  I followed the steps given in the manual, but it seems like something is missing.  I do this stuff for a living with another provider and I know I must be missing something simple.  I just can't find anything in the settings on my android geniego app on my smartphone to setup OOH access.  Help?  Thanks!

I just recently installed my geniego in my home.  I have the app on my phone and it works perfect while in the home... as well as the app on my pc.  I made sure that the router was setup for OOH access.  But when I connect to a wifi network outside of my home it cannot detect my dvr.  I followed the steps given in the manual, but it seems like something is missing.  I do this stuff for a living with another provider and I know I must be missing something simple.  I just can't find anything in the settings on my android geniego app on my smartphone to setup OOH access.  Help?  Thanks!

Will GenieGo work on Android?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 2:34:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yup, what you are missing is support from DirecTV! Smiley Wink

OOH is not yet supported on Android devices.

Yup, what you are missing is support from DirecTV! Smiley Wink

OOH is not yet supported on Android devices.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Will GenieGo work on Android?

2 of 9 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 3:02:20 PM
(0)
Tutor

That's weird... the directv.com/geniego site specifically states that it works on android... Smiley Sad  lol oh well.  But it should work on PC right?  And do you have to set it up in the home... I mean connect a laptop to the home network or can you activate a device remotely?

That's weird... the directv.com/geniego site specifically states that it works on android... Smiley Sad  lol oh well.  But it should work on PC right?  And do you have to set it up in the home... I mean connect a laptop to the home network or can you activate a device remotely?

3 of 9 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 5:36:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

GenieGo works on Android, however OOH does not. OOH works on PC, Mac and iOS.  The client needs to be set up in home before they can be used OOH

GenieGo works on Android, however OOH does not. OOH works on PC, Mac and iOS.  The client needs to be set up in home before they can be used OOH

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 9 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 3:29:05 AM
(0)
Expert

And note that EACH device must be set up for out of home separately.

And note that EACH device must be set up for out of home separately.

5 of 9 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 7:28:06 AM
(0)
Administrator

As of Nov 5th Android devices are now supported for Out of Home Access.

As of Nov 5th Android devices are now supported for Out of Home Access.

6 of 9 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 7:49:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Correct!
Correct!

7 of 9 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 8:47:10 AM
(0)
Administrator

Also a couple of nice features.

1. You can store your shows on an external memory card.

2. Your network speed is displayed. Very useful.

Also a couple of nice features.

1. You can store your shows on an external memory card.

2. Your network speed is displayed. Very useful.

8 of 9 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2013 7:22:50 PM
(0)
Scholar

Just a heads up, if you haven't discovered it.

The initial device setup with Android GenieGo must be done while on a network. If you plan to stream via LTE there is a setting to allow it. Until you get logged-in you can't change the setting.

Bob

Just a heads up, if you haven't discovered it.

The initial device setup with Android GenieGo must be done while on a network. If you plan to stream via LTE there is a setting to allow it. Until you get logged-in you can't change the setting.

Bob

9 of 9 (3 Views)