Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Apr 19, 2014
7:58:52 AM
View profile
Question about recording and streaming live programs on GenieGO

I wanted to watch a baseball game on my ipad Air last night.  I started recording it on my HD DVR and then found it in my playlist on the GenieGO app on my ipad.  I was able to stream the game but it was not synced up with the live broadcast.  Appeared to be 20 minutes or so behind.  Since I had been watching the game on my tv for awhile, did the recording on my HD DVR and GenieGO actually start 30 minutes before I hit the record button? 

If so, what is the best solution to sinc it up?  Change the channel on my tv, then flip back to the game and hit record?

Thanks for your help.

I wanted to watch a baseball game on my ipad Air last night.  I started recording it on my HD DVR and then found it in my playlist on the GenieGO app on my ipad.  I was able to stream the game but it was not synced up with the live broadcast.  Appeared to be 20 minutes or so behind.  Since I had been watching the game on my tv for awhile, did the recording on my HD DVR and GenieGO actually start 30 minutes before I hit the record button? 

If so, what is the best solution to sinc it up?  Change the channel on my tv, then flip back to the game and hit record?

Thanks for your help.

Question about recording and streaming live programs on GenieGO

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2014 9:00:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I doubt you will ever be have them "synched up" because the GenieGo must do some "transcoding" from the DVR before you can stream it your iPad, and that takes some time.

I doubt you will ever be have them "synched up" because the GenieGo must do some "transcoding" from the DVR before you can stream it your iPad, and that takes some time.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Question about recording and streaming live programs on GenieGO

2 of 4 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2014 10:24:27 AM
(0)
Expert

erichig wrote:

Since I had been watching the game on my tv for awhile, did the recording on my HD DVR and GenieGO actually start 30 minutes before I hit the record button?

Thanks for your help.

The GenieGO will begin playback from the beginning of the recording, not from where you "left off".  If you watched the game on the TV "for awhile" then began the GenieGO it would naturally be well behind the TV.  Simple solution?  FF the GenieGO up to where the TV is.  As Litzdog stated, it will be very difficult to sync up the audio, but you should be able to get reasonably close.

erichig wrote:

Since I had been watching the game on my tv for awhile, did the recording on my HD DVR and GenieGO actually start 30 minutes before I hit the record button?

Thanks for your help.

The GenieGO will begin playback from the beginning of the recording, not from where you "left off".  If you watched the game on the TV "for awhile" then began the GenieGO it would naturally be well behind the TV.  Simple solution?  FF the GenieGO up to where the TV is.  As Litzdog stated, it will be very difficult to sync up the audio, but you should be able to get reasonably close.

3 of 4 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2014 1:40:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

dcd wrote:

FF the GenieGO up to where the TV is.

Unfortunately you can't FF while live streaming

dcd wrote:

FF the GenieGO up to where the TV is.

Unfortunately you can't FF while live streaming

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (1 View)