Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 30, 2013
12:20:53 PM
View profile
Out of Home not working on my dd-wrt wndr3800

I set up the new GenieGo Saturday and it works perfectly on all devices in my house. I had the Mac geniego version configure my netgear with dd-wrt wndr3800 automatically.

I see (when I log in) that it added port forwarding for the IP the geniego has been assigned at home.

ApplicationStartEndProtocolIP AddressEnable

i am not sure what went wrong when copying and pasting but of course the fields on the router are populated.

Applications:

GenieGO4416, start 8082, end 8082, tcp, 10.0.0.110, enabled

GenieGO1628, start 8083, end 8083, tcp, 10.0.0.110, enabled

When I run the geniego software at home and I do the test for out of home streaming it always tells me that it is set up for it.

But when I try to use geniego outside of my home (on a wifi) I always seem to get the same error "could not connect to geniego. tap here to search again"

when I check the system data I see my home ip under IP: 10.0.0.115. I kind of expected that when configured for out of home, it would show my main router IP not the internal 10.0.0.115.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work ?

thanks

I set up the new GenieGo Saturday and it works perfectly on all devices in my house. I had the Mac geniego version configure my netgear with dd-wrt wndr3800 automatically.

I see (when I log in) that it added port forwarding for the IP the geniego has been assigned at home.

ApplicationStartEndProtocolIP AddressEnable

i am not sure what went wrong when copying and pasting but of course the fields on the router are populated.

Applications:

GenieGO4416, start 8082, end 8082, tcp, 10.0.0.110, enabled

GenieGO1628, start 8083, end 8083, tcp, 10.0.0.110, enabled

When I run the geniego software at home and I do the test for out of home streaming it always tells me that it is set up for it.

But when I try to use geniego outside of my home (on a wifi) I always seem to get the same error "could not connect to geniego. tap here to search again"

when I check the system data I see my home ip under IP: 10.0.0.115. I kind of expected that when configured for out of home, it would show my main router IP not the internal 10.0.0.115.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work ?

thanks

Out of Home not working on my dd-wrt wndr3800

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 1:35:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What client device are you using for out-of-home access? Your Mac?  Not all clients support OOH yet.

What client device are you using for out-of-home access? Your Mac?  Not all clients support OOH yet.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Out of Home not working on my dd-wrt wndr3800

2 of 6 (23 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 1:38:35 PM
(0)
Teacher

Android app on galaxy s3 phone

Android app on galaxy s3 phone

3 of 6 (23 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 1:49:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Android app does not yet support OOH streaming. Sorry.

Android app does not yet support OOH streaming. Sorry.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (23 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 1:52:48 PM
(0)
Teacher

I did not see this anywhere. Which apps do support it? PC version? Mac? IOS?

I did not see this anywhere. Which apps do support it? PC version? Mac? IOS?

5 of 6 (23 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 1:53:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

iOS, PC and Mac clients do support OOH.  Not yet supported on Android.  No idea when, though.  

iOS, PC and Mac clients do support OOH.  Not yet supported on Android.  No idea when, though.  

6 of 6 (23 Views)