Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Nov 22, 2013
6:18:11 PM
OOH Streaming Router config of Centurylink

trainer1on Oct 24, 2013 in DIRECTV GenieGOI just received my Geniego in the mail. I followed the setup instructions. Got In home streaming to work from HR24s (not HR34), can live with that for now. Trying to get OOH Streaming setup but software says it cannot config router. Does anyone have info on manually configuring a Centurylink Modem/Router?SWM16, BB DECA, HR34, 4 HR24s, R22. Any help would be appreciated.

trainer1on Oct 24, 2013 in DIRECTV GenieGOI just received my Geniego in the mail. I followed the setup instructions. Got In home streaming to work from HR24s (not HR34), can live with that for now. Trying to get OOH Streaming setup but software says it cannot config router. Does anyone have info on manually configuring a Centurylink Modem/Router?SWM16, BB DECA, HR34, 4 HR24s, R22. Any help would be appreciated.

OOH Streaming Router config of Centurylink

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2013 6:21:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What's the exact brand/model number of your router?  Is it in the list here?

How do I configure my wireless router? | DIRECTV Support

If not, you basically need to open ports 8081 and 8082 in the router's "Port Forwarding" setup menu.

What's the exact brand/model number of your router?  Is it in the list here?

How do I configure my wireless router? | DIRECTV Support

If not, you basically need to open ports 8081 and 8082 in the router's "Port Forwarding" setup menu.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: OOH Streaming Router config of Centurylink

2 of 3 (21 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2013 5:53:21 AM
(0)
Expert

I would guess that modem/router combos that are issued by ISP's may not be available to auto configure because each ISP will have modified the combo to suit their particular network.  We see a lot of connection issues posted and if I had such a device, I'd add a standard router and disable the router portion of the combo.

I would guess that modem/router combos that are issued by ISP's may not be available to auto configure because each ISP will have modified the combo to suit their particular network.  We see a lot of connection issues posted and if I had such a device, I'd add a standard router and disable the router portion of the combo.

Re: OOH Streaming Router config of Centurylink

3 of 3 (21 Views)