Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 9, 2014
5:29:41 PM
View profile
No audio, but get video when playing GenieGo on new ASUS PC

I recently setup a new ASUS PC running an AMD A10-6700 with Windows 8.1 X64, and when I try to watch shows via GenieGo I see the video, but there is no audio.  Other streaming apps do have audio.  I checked the default sound settings and confirmed there is no issue with muting for the GenieGo specifically.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application, but no change.  At the moment, I am downloading a show to my PC to see if I get audio that way versus streaming.  Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

I recently setup a new ASUS PC running an AMD A10-6700 with Windows 8.1 X64, and when I try to watch shows via GenieGo I see the video, but there is no audio.  Other streaming apps do have audio.  I checked the default sound settings and confirmed there is no issue with muting for the GenieGo specifically.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application, but no change.  At the moment, I am downloading a show to my PC to see if I get audio that way versus streaming.  Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

No audio, but get video when playing GenieGo on new ASUS PC

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2014 7:59:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

This question was never answered!

I now have the same problem on two different ASUS PC's.  I think it may be related to the fact that each of the ASUS PC's are connected to monitors via HDMI, but not sure. 

Any help is apprecieated.

This question was never answered!

I now have the same problem on two different ASUS PC's.  I think it may be related to the fact that each of the ASUS PC's are connected to monitors via HDMI, but not sure. 

Any help is apprecieated.

Re: No audio, but get video when playing GenieGo on new ASUS PC

2 of 2 (42 Views)