Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 13, 2013
6:55:46 AM
View profile
Let Genie share Favorites List among TV's!!!!!!

Let Genie share Favorites List among TV's!!!!!! Come on!, I can't believe you haven't done that yet!

Let Genie share Favorites List among TV's!!!!!! Come on!, I can't believe you haven't done that yet!

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2013 7:01:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Well if you have clients you can copy your favorite list from the Genie to the clients

Well if you have clients you can copy your favorite list from the Genie to the clients

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Let Genie share Favorites List among TV's!!!!!!

2 of 8 (1,152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2013 7:32:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

Please, tell me how.

I can't find directions to do that anywhere.

The phone agent thought it could not be done.

Please, tell me how.

I can't find directions to do that anywhere.

The phone agent thought it could not be done.

3 of 8 (1,152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2013 9:39:17 AM
(0)
Administrator

Go to the following web site :http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/System_Manuals/DIRECTV/DIRECTV_HDDVR_HR20-44.pdf then go to the section Connecting Clients. This might help.

Here is another reference I found.

Every favorites is individual for each receiver/room. The best way to apply to every room at once, is to set it up on your Genie (hddvr), then on the clients, under the whole home tab in your settings, there is a copy settings option. Choose which room your copying from.

Go to the following web site :http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/System_Manuals/DIRECTV/DIRECTV_HDDVR_HR20-44.pdf then go to the section Connecting Clients. This might help.

Here is another reference I found.

Every favorites is individual for each receiver/room. The best way to apply to every room at once, is to set it up on your Genie (hddvr), then on the clients, under the whole home tab in your settings, there is a copy settings option. Choose which room your copying from.

4 of 8 (1,152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2013 1:13:51 PM
(0)
Teacher

Now the biggest problem I am having is that nothing ever downloads to iPad. It just keeps preparing and seems to lose connection quite often. I originally was just using the wireless built into my cable modem and thought that was the problem. Now I have a Netgear wireless router and I am still having the same problem. Currently the GenieGo is connected to my Cinema connection kit.

Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 09:39:22 -0700

To: lil_abner06@msn.com

Subject: Re: - Let Genie share Favorites List among TV's!!!!!!

DIRECTV Technical Forums

reply from new2dtv in DIRECTV GenieGO - View the full discussion

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on DIRECTV Technical Forums

Start a new discussion in DIRECTV GenieGO by email or at DIRECTV Technical Forums

Following DIRECTV GenieGO in these streams:

Inbox

Now the biggest problem I am having is that nothing ever downloads to iPad. It just keeps preparing and seems to lose connection quite often. I originally was just using the wireless built into my cable modem and thought that was the problem. Now I have a Netgear wireless router and I am still having the same problem. Currently the GenieGo is connected to my Cinema connection kit.

Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 09:39:22 -0700

To: lil_abner06@msn.com

Subject: Re: - Let Genie share Favorites List among TV's!!!!!!

DIRECTV Technical Forums

reply from new2dtv in DIRECTV GenieGO - View the full discussion

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on DIRECTV Technical Forums

Start a new discussion in DIRECTV GenieGO by email or at DIRECTV Technical Forums

Following DIRECTV GenieGO in these streams:

Inbox

5 of 8 (1,152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2013 4:16:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

That is totally it. Use the whole-home tab in settings to copy a desired list to a clients/server! Perfect!

If you make one favorite list in the BED ROOM dvr, for example. You can go to the living room dvr and open Settings: Whole-Home: and then copy the favorites list from the BED ROOM dvr to the LIVING ROOM dvr (as an example). This worked perfectly.

That is totally it. Use the whole-home tab in settings to copy a desired list to a clients/server! Perfect!

If you make one favorite list in the BED ROOM dvr, for example. You can go to the living room dvr and open Settings: Whole-Home: and then copy the favorites list from the BED ROOM dvr to the LIVING ROOM dvr (as an example). This worked perfectly.

6 of 8 (1,152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2013 6:27:28 PM
(0)
Administrator

Glad I was able to help.

Glad I was able to help.

7 of 8 (1,152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 10:02:55 AM
(0)
Contributor

Ya, great until you add or remove a channel from that list on one of the TVs. then you either have out-of-sync favorite lists with the same name or you have to remember to manually copy it over again after figuring out on which one you made the change. We've had DirecTv for less than a week and I already find this frustrating.

+1 for the Whole Home shared Favorites List function!

Ya, great until you add or remove a channel from that list on one of the TVs. then you either have out-of-sync favorite lists with the same name or you have to remember to manually copy it over again after figuring out on which one you made the change. We've had DirecTv for less than a week and I already find this frustrating.

+1 for the Whole Home shared Favorites List function!

8 of 8 (1,152 Views)