Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 8, 2014
12:50:10 AM
View profile
Is there a way to setup my new iPad to genieGO when I am not able to connect to my home network?

I am on a two month business trip to China and before I left I bought a new iPad Air. We have genieGO connected on our other devices but I only downloaded the app before I left and didn't register the device until I reached my hotel in china. And it says that I must be on my home network to connects is there anything I can do other than send the damn thing back home and have my wife set it up and then send it back to me? And I was reading about some of the problems when there is an update. What happens if this happens while I am away? Someone please help! I am kicking myself right now for not getting a slingbox!

I am on a two month business trip to China and before I left I bought a new iPad Air. We have genieGO connected on our other devices but I only downloaded the app before I left and didn't register the device until I reached my hotel in china. And it says that I must be on my home network to connects is there anything I can do other than send the damn thing back home and have my wife set it up and then send it back to me? And I was reading about some of the problems when there is an update. What happens if this happens while I am away? Someone please help! I am kicking myself right now for not getting a slingbox!

Is there a way to setup my new iPad to genieGO when I am not able to connect to my home network?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2014 5:08:03 AM
(0)
Expert

Registering the GenieGO while on your home network is a requirement.

Registering the GenieGO while on your home network is a requirement.

Re: Is there a way to setup my new iPad to genieGO when I am not able to connect to my home network?

2 of 3 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2014 11:02:15 AM
(0)
Scholar

Just as @dcd mentioned, it needs to be registered while you are at your home network.

For out-of-home streaming, I am not sure if it can be done outside of United States' territories since video streaming like in Roku or other similar devices is usually limited to a specific country online. Especially we are talking about China as the geographic location. If anyone can confirm this???

You have an option to copy all the recorded shows from your GenieGo to mobile device but it needs to be done while in the home network.

Just as @dcd mentioned, it needs to be registered while you are at your home network.

For out-of-home streaming, I am not sure if it can be done outside of United States' territories since video streaming like in Roku or other similar devices is usually limited to a specific country online. Especially we are talking about China as the geographic location. If anyone can confirm this???

You have an option to copy all the recorded shows from your GenieGo to mobile device but it needs to be done while in the home network.

Re: Is there a way to setup my new iPad to genieGO when I am not able to connect to my home network?

3 of 3 (19 Views)