Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Nov 8, 2013
5:58:06 PM
View profile
I just got a Geniego and it doesn't work

I have a MacBook that meets or exceeds all the stated requirements but I keep getting an error.  "Unable to add your device".  I have all the blue lights, the DVR is connected to the Internet.  Anyone else having this issue?  Any tricks?

I have a MacBook that meets or exceeds all the stated requirements but I keep getting an error.  "Unable to add your device".  I have all the blue lights, the DVR is connected to the Internet.  Anyone else having this issue?  Any tricks?

I just got a Geniego and it doesn't work

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2013 6:26:24 AM
(0)
Expert

The GenieGO, the HD DVR and the mobile device must all be connected to the same router/network.  In addition, it can take a while after connecting the GenieGO to the router for all the lights to come on.  Has that occurred?

The GenieGO, the HD DVR and the mobile device must all be connected to the same router/network.  In addition, it can take a while after connecting the GenieGO to the router for all the lights to come on.  Has that occurred?

Re: I just got a Geniego and it doesn't work

2 of 4 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2013 7:51:33 AM
(0)
Contributor

It's on the same network, all the lights were on.  My iPhone works with the Geniego, but not the laptops. 

It's on the same network, all the lights were on.  My iPhone works with the Geniego, but not the laptops. 

3 of 4 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2013 12:40:58 AM
(0)
Contributor

Yes, I have the same issue.  I have a MacBook Air and I get the error "We could not activate your DIRECTV GenieGO."  There is also a numerical error code in the lower right hand corner, right next to the "System info" link of 'GenieGO/102'.

I am able to get it to work on my wife's Air.  The only difference is hers is the smaller Air; we're both on Mavericks and all software is up to date.  It also works on my old Dell laptop running Vista, my Galaxy S3 and my wife's iPhone. :smileyplain:  It's super annoying.

Yes, I have the same issue.  I have a MacBook Air and I get the error "We could not activate your DIRECTV GenieGO."  There is also a numerical error code in the lower right hand corner, right next to the "System info" link of 'GenieGO/102'.

I am able to get it to work on my wife's Air.  The only difference is hers is the smaller Air; we're both on Mavericks and all software is up to date.  It also works on my old Dell laptop running Vista, my Galaxy S3 and my wife's iPhone. :smileyplain:  It's super annoying.

4 of 4 (5 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments