Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Sep 7, 2013
9:35:42 PM
View profile
GenieGo only showing play list from one of three DVRs

I have three DVRs in my home.  One HR34, one HR24, and one HR21.  They are all connected to the network and the internet, all are active on the whole home setup and have external device access enabled.

In the setup screen of the client software, all three DVRs show up as enabled but, only the content from the HR21 shows up on the playlist of the client software.

I've tried resetting all the DVRs, resetting the GenieGo, no change.

I have three DVRs in my home.  One HR34, one HR24, and one HR21.  They are all connected to the network and the internet, all are active on the whole home setup and have external device access enabled.

In the setup screen of the client software, all three DVRs show up as enabled but, only the content from the HR21 shows up on the playlist of the client software.

I've tried resetting all the DVRs, resetting the GenieGo, no change.

GenieGo only showing play list from one of three DVRs

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 11:11:35 AM
(0)
Expert

Open the GenieGO App and press the gear in the upper right.  Select the playlist manager and assure that all three DVR's are listed and all show a "hide" option.  If any don't show a hide setting, click those to exhibit the hide option.

Open the GenieGO App and press the gear in the upper right.  Select the playlist manager and assure that all three DVR's are listed and all show a "hide" option.  If any don't show a hide setting, click those to exhibit the hide option.

Re: GenieGo only showing play list from one of three DVRs

2 of 13 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 11:36:01 AM
(0)
Teacher

Already tried that.

Sent from my iPhone

Already tried that.

Sent from my iPhone

3 of 13 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 8:41:24 AM
(0)
Teacher

Has the engineering department come up with a fix for this yet?

The device is somewhat useless when it can't even display the content from the actual Genie DVR.

Has the engineering department come up with a fix for this yet?

The device is somewhat useless when it can't even display the content from the actual Genie DVR.

4 of 13 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 12:55:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

fix for what?

try deleting and reinstalling the app

fix for what?

try deleting and reinstalling the app

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 13 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 1:12:21 PM
(0)
Teacher

Fix for the known issue that tech support told me they are working on.

This is not something that can be fixed by a reinstall of software or by resets of either the GenieGo or the DVRs.

Sent from my iPhone

Fix for the known issue that tech support told me they are working on.

This is not something that can be fixed by a reinstall of software or by resets of either the GenieGo or the DVRs.

Sent from my iPhone

6 of 13 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 1:28:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

there is no such thing. is up top you if you want to try to troubleshoot

there is no such thing. is up top you if you want to try to troubleshoot

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 13 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 1:31:33 PM
(0)
Teacher

So you know better than Directv Techs?

Sent from my iPhone

So you know better than Directv Techs?

Sent from my iPhone

8 of 13 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 1:50:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yup. once again is up to you. 

Yup. once again is up to you. 

9 of 13 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 2:09:58 PM
(0)
Teacher

AND...once again, called DTV Tech support who AGAIN confirmed that the Engineering Dept. is showing this as a KNOWN ISSUE...a SOFTWARE issue.

They confirmed that we've tried all troubleshooting options and that DTV is working on a fix from their side.

OOH is set up properly, client software recognizes all three DVRs but will NOT show any recordings other than those on the HR21. Client software has been deleted and reinstalled, GenieGo has been reset/rebooted, DVRs have all been rebooted and software verified...all for naught.

Sent from my iPhone

AND...once again, called DTV Tech support who AGAIN confirmed that the Engineering Dept. is showing this as a KNOWN ISSUE...a SOFTWARE issue.

They confirmed that we've tried all troubleshooting options and that DTV is working on a fix from their side.

OOH is set up properly, client software recognizes all three DVRs but will NOT show any recordings other than those on the HR21. Client software has been deleted and reinstalled, GenieGo has been reset/rebooted, DVRs have all been rebooted and software verified...all for naught.

Sent from my iPhone

10 of 13 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 4:00:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

That's just CSR doublespeak for "I don't really know how to fix your problem and I need to move along to the next caller.".   There is no such "known issue".   If there was, we would see a LOT more complaints about it here.  And I can say it's working fine will all of my Genies & DVRs.

That's just CSR doublespeak for "I don't really know how to fix your problem and I need to move along to the next caller.".   There is no such "known issue".   If there was, we would see a LOT more complaints about it here.  And I can say it's working fine will all of my Genies & DVRs.

11 of 13 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 4:14:46 PM
(0)
Teacher

There are numerous complaints of problems here that have not been rectified by advice from the armchair experts.

Sent from my iPhone

There are numerous complaints of problems here that have not been rectified by advice from the armchair experts.

Sent from my iPhone

12 of 13 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 4:31:39 PM
(0)
Expert

Mike,  If in fact the problem you describe was systemic, there would be hundreds in not thoudands of threads in this regard.  The "armchair experts" you refer to are in fact Directv TechKnow Guides who have years of experience and are much more knowledgeable than the average CSR.  We have very similar installations as you and are not experiencing your difficulties, thus our conclusion that your problem lies within your particular installation.

The problem with concluding that the problem lies somewhere within Directv's system is that leaves you no recourse except to wait.  If that's how you wish to proceed, that's entirely up to you.

Mike,  If in fact the problem you describe was systemic, there would be hundreds in not thoudands of threads in this regard.  The "armchair experts" you refer to are in fact Directv TechKnow Guides who have years of experience and are much more knowledgeable than the average CSR.  We have very similar installations as you and are not experiencing your difficulties, thus our conclusion that your problem lies within your particular installation.

The problem with concluding that the problem lies somewhere within Directv's system is that leaves you no recourse except to wait.  If that's how you wish to proceed, that's entirely up to you.

13 of 13 (0 Views)