Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 27, 2013
8:52:17 PM
View profile
GenieGo internet connetion error: result code 86-96

Hello to one and all. I am having a conundrum with trying to get my new GenieGo to connect to my wireless internet. It shows my Home Network, I type in the network password, and then it sits at the connecting screen for a minute. Then it gives me this reult code (86-96). I have searched through the plethora that is the world wide web, and cannot seem to find any solutions to this. I have looked through my router config, and don't think it is a firewall issue. Has anyone seen this? Anything you think I could try?

You rock. Have a great day.

Hello to one and all. I am having a conundrum with trying to get my new GenieGo to connect to my wireless internet. It shows my Home Network, I type in the network password, and then it sits at the connecting screen for a minute. Then it gives me this reult code (86-96). I have searched through the plethora that is the world wide web, and cannot seem to find any solutions to this. I have looked through my router config, and don't think it is a firewall issue. Has anyone seen this? Anything you think I could try?

You rock. Have a great day.

GenieGo internet connetion error: result code 86-96

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 7:33:13 AM
(0)
Expert

Code 86 indicates the system was not able to connect to the Internet.  For starters, I would disable the firewall in your router/modem.  Make sure your network name (SSID) and your password is all alpha numeric, letters and numbers only.  No symbols or punctuation.

Code 86 indicates the system was not able to connect to the Internet.  For starters, I would disable the firewall in your router/modem.  Make sure your network name (SSID) and your password is all alpha numeric, letters and numbers only.  No symbols or punctuation.

Re: GenieGo internet connetion error: result code 86-96

2 of 3 (46 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 7:37:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Hmmmm, there are no settings on the GenieGo to conenct to the internet.  the GeniGo connects directly to your router via ethernet cable

Are you sure you have the GenieGo?  Perhaps you are referrring to the CCK-W?

Hmmmm, there are no settings on the GenieGo to conenct to the internet.  the GeniGo connects directly to your router via ethernet cable

Are you sure you have the GenieGo?  Perhaps you are referrring to the CCK-W?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: GenieGo internet connetion error: result code 86-96

3 of 3 (46 Views)