Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 3, 2013
12:43:04 PM
GenieGo Out of Home Access

I can't get port forwarding to work for out of home access.  Have Linksys WRT54G router to which the GenieGo is attached.  In home network all works fine and can play HDDVR content on computer or Iphone.  GenieGo wants ports 8084, 8085.  Set those up on the port forwarding page of the routers setup, but no luck.  Just get the error message that port forwarding is not setup with no codes other that a red triangle with exclamation point in it.  Anyone have any ideas? 

I can't get port forwarding to work for out of home access.  Have Linksys WRT54G router to which the GenieGo is attached.  In home network all works fine and can play HDDVR content on computer or Iphone.  GenieGo wants ports 8084, 8085.  Set those up on the port forwarding page of the routers setup, but no luck.  Just get the error message that port forwarding is not setup with no codes other that a red triangle with exclamation point in it.  Anyone have any ideas? 

GenieGo Out of Home Access

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 1:01:12 PM
(0)
Employee

why ports 8084 and 8085?  defaults ports are 8082 and 8083?  check under OOH on your GenieGo client for the correct ports to forward

why ports 8084 and 8085?  defaults ports are 8082 and 8083?  check under OOH on your GenieGo client for the correct ports to forward

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: GenieGo Out of Home Access

2 of 8 (192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 1:01:56 PM
(0)
Administrator

You may also need to setup port forwarding in your modem if you have one. This is required is some cases to make OOH work.

You may also need to setup port forwarding in your modem if you have one. This is required is some cases to make OOH work.

3 of 8 (192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 1:09:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

When I first powered up it was using 8082,8083 but after software update it now says 8084,8085 are the ports.  I thought the Linksys is a modem/router?  I have a wireless internet service provider and a receiver attached to a rectangular antenna outside my house.  No modem in the house other than the Linksys WRT54G.

When I first powered up it was using 8082,8083 but after software update it now says 8084,8085 are the ports.  I thought the Linksys is a modem/router?  I have a wireless internet service provider and a receiver attached to a rectangular antenna outside my house.  No modem in the house other than the Linksys WRT54G.

4 of 8 (192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 1:30:13 PM
(0)
Employee

ebandman wrote:

I have a wireless internet service provider and a receiver attached to a rectangular antenna outside my house.  No modem in the house other than the Linksys WRT54G.

What type of "receiver" are you referring to here

ebandman wrote:

I have a wireless internet service provider and a receiver attached to a rectangular antenna outside my house.  No modem in the house other than the Linksys WRT54G.

What type of "receiver" are you referring to here

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 8 (192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 1:47:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

Its what translates the microwave signal into my router via a std wired ethernet connection. I'm assuming its what replaces the modem. Check here:  http://www.winters-broadband.com/products.htm

Its what translates the microwave signal into my router via a std wired ethernet connection. I'm assuming its what replaces the modem. Check here:  http://www.winters-broadband.com/products.htm

6 of 8 (192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 7:04:52 PM
(0)
Tutor
Got the administrator of my WISP to help with setting the port forwarding on the WAN side of my receiver. Looks like its working now. 
Got the administrator of my WISP to help with setting the port forwarding on the WAN side of my receiver. Looks like its working now. 

7 of 8 (192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 7:23:30 PM
(0)
Employee

Awesome, just what I thought, thanks for the update.

Awesome, just what I thought, thanks for the update.

8 of 8 (192 Views)