Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jun 30, 2013
4:51:32 PM
GenieGO continues to "prepare content" over and over

I am able to use my GenieGO as I am supposed to except that after I prepare content and download to phone it will take the same program and continue to prepare it over and over.  It says it is preparing the content for another device but I have not started it for another device.  I tested it by preparing a 30 min show for my phone.  It prepared-then I downloaded from GenieGO to phone just fine.  10 mins later I looked and it was preparing the same content again but said it was for another device this time.  Any suggestions?

I am able to use my GenieGO as I am supposed to except that after I prepare content and download to phone it will take the same program and continue to prepare it over and over.  It says it is preparing the content for another device but I have not started it for another device.  I tested it by preparing a 30 min show for my phone.  It prepared-then I downloaded from GenieGO to phone just fine.  10 mins later I looked and it was preparing the same content again but said it was for another device this time.  Any suggestions?

GenieGO continues to "prepare content" over and over

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2013 4:57:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Try resetting the GenieGo (red button behind front panel cover).

Try resetting the GenieGo (red button behind front panel cover).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: GenieGO continues to "prepare content" over and over

2 of 12 (152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2013 5:00:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have tried to reset the GenieGO as well as the Genie and even the Wireless Connection Kit.  It still does the same thing. 

I have tried to reset the GenieGO as well as the Genie and even the Wireless Connection Kit.  It still does the same thing. 

3 of 12 (152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2013 5:26:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
try holding the red button on the Genie for one minute
try holding the red button on the Genie for one minute
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 12 (152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 10:15:38 AM
(0)
Tutor

I tried holding the reset button for one minute, this did not correct the situation...it is now preparing content and not ever finishing the prepare!!! 

I tried holding the reset button for one minute, this did not correct the situation...it is now preparing content and not ever finishing the prepare!!! 

5 of 12 (152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 4:25:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Make sure you dont ahve any firewalls runing in yoru router and/or PC
Make sure you dont ahve any firewalls runing in yoru router and/or PC

6 of 12 (152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2013 9:34:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

All firewalls have been disabled in the router. Still does the same thing

All firewalls have been disabled in the router. Still does the same thing

7 of 12 (152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 7:08:36 AM
(0)
Expert

Try deleting that particular program from the GenieGO prepare menu.  Select a completely different program and see if it behaves properly.  Note that you can set a program to prepare and then sign off and the GenieGO will do the preparing on it's own.  There isn't any chance that the AC power to the GenieGO or other device is getting interrupted is there?  The system is designed for AC power to the router/modem, Genie and GenieGO 100% of the time.

Try deleting that particular program from the GenieGO prepare menu.  Select a completely different program and see if it behaves properly.  Note that you can set a program to prepare and then sign off and the GenieGO will do the preparing on it's own.  There isn't any chance that the AC power to the GenieGO or other device is getting interrupted is there?  The system is designed for AC power to the router/modem, Genie and GenieGO 100% of the time.

8 of 12 (152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 2:11:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

still having the same issue...I can download program A...it works fine...then delete program A and download program B and it puts program A in the preparing for others category and never starts program B...I dont know why it would prepare for others a program that already downloaded to the phone...I only have one device hooked up to it (my phone)...there are no others to prepare for!!!

still having the same issue...I can download program A...it works fine...then delete program A and download program B and it puts program A in the preparing for others category and never starts program B...I dont know why it would prepare for others a program that already downloaded to the phone...I only have one device hooked up to it (my phone)...there are no others to prepare for!!!

9 of 12 (152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 7:00:53 AM
(0)
Tutor

no luck same problem...any solutions

no luck same problem...any solutions

10 of 12 (152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 10:00:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Try holding the geniego reset button for two minutes. This will reset the geniego to factory defaults

Try holding the geniego reset button for two minutes. This will reset the geniego to factory defaults

11 of 12 (152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 6:01:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

what I ended up doing was installing a netgear wireless router to my motorola modem (Motorola SBG6580 from Time Warner) and setting up my router as an access point...connecting it all through my network on the netgear router and only using the modem, which I had set up as my wi-fi network, as a modem only to bring the internet in and using my netgear router for the network in the house...so far so good, the GenieGO drops the connection to the Genie at times but it hasn't done the whole preparing for others thing it did before...streaming is still choppy though but the out of home works on all devices and the GenieGO does not "prepare for others" the same content over and over

what I ended up doing was installing a netgear wireless router to my motorola modem (Motorola SBG6580 from Time Warner) and setting up my router as an access point...connecting it all through my network on the netgear router and only using the modem, which I had set up as my wi-fi network, as a modem only to bring the internet in and using my netgear router for the network in the house...so far so good, the GenieGO drops the connection to the Genie at times but it hasn't done the whole preparing for others thing it did before...streaming is still choppy though but the out of home works on all devices and the GenieGO does not "prepare for others" the same content over and over

12 of 12 (152 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments