Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Sep 28, 2013
4:21:36 PM
View profile
GenieGO Out of Home Not Working - Please Help...

GenieGO is working fine inside the house but I cannot get it configured for out of home.  I read all the instructions, forums, etc. with no luck.

I set up port forwarding on the router per DirecTV's instructions for my specific router.  Also went into the Westell modem config and set up port forwarding there as well.

Can anyone offer suggestions as to what to try next?

Thanks.

GenieGO is working fine inside the house but I cannot get it configured for out of home.  I read all the instructions, forums, etc. with no luck.

I set up port forwarding on the router per DirecTV's instructions for my specific router.  Also went into the Westell modem config and set up port forwarding there as well.

Can anyone offer suggestions as to what to try next?

Thanks.

GenieGO Out of Home Not Working - Please Help...

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 4:29:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What router are you using?  is your modem a gateway?

What router are you using?  is your modem a gateway?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: GenieGO Out of Home Not Working - Please Help...

2 of 11 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 4:56:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

Router is Belkin F9K1108 and modem is Westell 6100.  Not sure if it's a gateway, how can I tell?

Router is Belkin F9K1108 and modem is Westell 6100.  Not sure if it's a gateway, how can I tell?

3 of 11 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 6:20:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 11 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 6:23:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Both of these are routers, and that creates a major port forwarding issue.  You will need someone a lot more savvy about internet than I am to explain how you can configure this for out of home.

Both of these are routers, and that creates a major port forwarding issue.  You will need someone a lot more savvy about internet than I am to explain how you can configure this for out of home.

5 of 11 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 6:27:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

setting the Westell as a 'bridge" is a starting point

setting the Westell as a 'bridge" is a starting point

6 of 11 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 7:00:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

Sorry for the confusion.  I have a Westell G90-6100 modem - it's just a modem, not a router.  I didn't realize that there was a another type of 6100.

So, that being said... any thoughts on what to try?  I really appreciate all of your help.

Sorry for the confusion.  I have a Westell G90-6100 modem - it's just a modem, not a router.  I didn't realize that there was a another type of 6100.

So, that being said... any thoughts on what to try?  I really appreciate all of your help.

7 of 11 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 7:13:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

take a look at this.  make sure the built in fire wall is not blocking the GenieGo traffic

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/Westell-G90-6100-firewall-configuratio...

take a look at this.  make sure the built in fire wall is not blocking the GenieGo traffic

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/Westell-G90-6100-firewall-configuration/td-p/415295

8 of 11 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 7:20:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

I turned it off (modem firewall/security) and tried again but no luck...

I turned it off (modem firewall/security) and tried again but no luck...

9 of 11 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 7:23:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

everytime you make a change, make sure to reset your router and GenieGo 

everytime you make a change, make sure to reset your router and GenieGo 

10 of 11 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 6:19:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

I restarted the devices and still not working.  Should I call tech support?  Any idea if they are helpful?  Thanks.

I restarted the devices and still not working.  Should I call tech support?  Any idea if they are helpful?  Thanks.

11 of 11 (3 Views)