Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 18, 2013
6:04:03 AM
Genie doesn't work at night

I just had a Genie system installed 5 days ago.  Since then it continually goes out.  I get a 775 message.  DTV came out and said it was because my Genie was on top of main receiver.   After he left it happened again.  Since then it goes out every night around 10:30.  I've had to wait 2 days for DTV to come out again.  I want my old system back.  This is totally unacceptable. 

I just had a Genie system installed 5 days ago.  Since then it continually goes out.  I get a 775 message.  DTV came out and said it was because my Genie was on top of main receiver.   After he left it happened again.  Since then it goes out every night around 10:30.  I've had to wait 2 days for DTV to come out again.  I want my old system back.  This is totally unacceptable. 

Genie doesn't work at night

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 7:57:22 AM
(0)
Expert

Is the Genie setting atop another electronic device?  That may cause overheating so best to find a different spot.  Not sure that would cause your problem though.  When 775 is time sensitive, it's sometimes caused by some connection heating.

Is the Genie setting atop another electronic device?  That may cause overheating so best to find a different spot.  Not sure that would cause your problem though.  When 775 is time sensitive, it's sometimes caused by some connection heating.

Re: Genie doesn't work at night

2 of 3 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 8:34:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
or it could be that the SWM PI is on a switched outlet.  when it lights out, the Genie stops working
or it could be that the SWM PI is on a switched outlet.  when it lights out, the Genie stops working
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Genie doesn't work at night

3 of 3 (2 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments