Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 16, 2014
5:05:36 AM
Genie Go Stops at "Waiting To Prepare"

I have recently installed my new Genie HR44 with two wired Genie Mini Clients. Everything with the Initial install appears to work, I am able to use my iPhone, Nexus 7 and Original Surface Pro 8.1, with Live Streaming And all VOD seem to be working on the DirecTV system. This Install was fairly simple except, hour and a half call with 3 csr's. there was some kind of a problem getting the second Genie mini setup on the account. Enter my thoughts for a Genie Go, much Frustration has followed. I have installed the Genie Go, and have 3 Blue lights ooh setup worked well, and I have been able to log in from outside of my network and see the dvr so I believe this is setup correctly. I can launch any Genie Go App and see the shows that I would expect, then when you select the show that you want to send to Genie Go all I get is "Waiting For Prepare", I can see "preparing for Others" on the other Apps. There are no other shows recording currently on the DVR.

I have recently installed my new Genie HR44 with two wired Genie Mini Clients. Everything with the Initial install appears to work, I am able to use my iPhone, Nexus 7 and Original Surface Pro 8.1, with Live Streaming And all VOD seem to be working on the DirecTV system. This Install was fairly simple except, hour and a half call with 3 csr's. there was some kind of a problem getting the second Genie mini setup on the account. Enter my thoughts for a Genie Go, much Frustration has followed. I have installed the Genie Go, and have 3 Blue lights ooh setup worked well, and I have been able to log in from outside of my network and see the dvr so I believe this is setup correctly. I can launch any Genie Go App and see the shows that I would expect, then when you select the show that you want to send to Genie Go all I get is "Waiting For Prepare", I can see "preparing for Others" on the other Apps. There are no other shows recording currently on the DVR.

Genie Go Stops at "Waiting To Prepare"

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2014 7:27:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Start by doing a 30second reset on the GenieGo

Start by doing a 30second reset on the GenieGo

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Genie Go Stops at "Waiting To Prepare"

2 of 8 (142 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2014 9:03:36 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have done a complete Reset of the HR44, then Recorded Portions of several Programs and completed a 30 Sec reset of the GenieGo. Still same message. I Can defiantly see lights on the Router (Siemens Gigaset SE567 Firewall has been Turned off) Start to Flash as though Data is at least trying to Transfer. I have a 6 min Recording of Good Morning America have waited an hour for that to download and nothing has moved.

I have done a complete Reset of the HR44, then Recorded Portions of several Programs and completed a 30 Sec reset of the GenieGo. Still same message. I Can defiantly see lights on the Router (Siemens Gigaset SE567 Firewall has been Turned off) Start to Flash as though Data is at least trying to Transfer. I have a 6 min Recording of Good Morning America have waited an hour for that to download and nothing has moved.

3 of 8 (142 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2014 9:11:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Then, you might want to do a factory reset on the GenieGO.  You do this by doing a full 2 minute reset on the GenieGO.  this will wipe out any prepared shows on the GenieGo

Then, you might want to do a factory reset on the GenieGO.  You do this by doing a full 2 minute reset on the GenieGO.  this will wipe out any prepared shows on the GenieGo

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (142 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2014 2:19:04 AM
(0)
Tutor

Well I made Progress but not 100% there yet. I had originally taken an older HR23 out of the system, Figuring the HR44 with the Minis and the GenieGo would all be more compatible with less complications, After doing some readings in other posts I added it back in and to my surprise if I tried something on that Box it would work just fine, I could stream the Show immediately after I started Recording it or Download it both in and out of network, SO everything with the HR23 works Very well!! Now back to the HR44 is there something from the DECA/SWM connections that I need for the HR23, that are messing up the HR44 Signals? When I try to "Watch Now" I always get HD DVR is Busy Unable to Stream at the time Please Try Later".

Well I made Progress but not 100% there yet. I had originally taken an older HR23 out of the system, Figuring the HR44 with the Minis and the GenieGo would all be more compatible with less complications, After doing some readings in other posts I added it back in and to my surprise if I tried something on that Box it would work just fine, I could stream the Show immediately after I started Recording it or Download it both in and out of network, SO everything with the HR23 works Very well!! Now back to the HR44 is there something from the DECA/SWM connections that I need for the HR23, that are messing up the HR44 Signals? When I try to "Watch Now" I always get HD DVR is Busy Unable to Stream at the time Please Try Later".

5 of 8 (142 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2014 8:16:40 AM
(0)
Tutor

after Installing a cable from SMW to Router all seems to be working.

after Installing a cable from SMW to Router all seems to be working.

6 of 8 (142 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 7:34:35 AM
(0)
Tutor

I'm having same issues, what do you mean a cable from SMW to Router?

I'm having same issues, what do you mean a cable from SMW to Router?

7 of 8 (142 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 7:56:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

@jesco74 instead of tagging along on old threads, how about starting your own fresh thread and provide some details about your system

@jesco74 instead of tagging along on old threads, how about starting your own fresh thread and provide some details about your system

8 of 8 (142 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments